jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Emotional pit stop

1. ilmdamaily profile image90
    ilmdamailyposted 6 years ago

I feel like sh*t today.

But making others feel good helps. So is there anyone out there feeling a little down?

I'd like to help!

1. Origin profile image59
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been feeling down for the past 2 years ever since I got laid off due to the recession and have been unable to get back into the field due to the recession still happening. Worked really hard for my degree and only spent a few years in the field before I was let go. Sucks!

smile

ilmdamailyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ouch Origin! I think I remember reading in  another thread that you are an electrical engineer by trade - is that right? I must say, you do write some great hubs, and you seem to have a fairly high level of innate creativity, which in my experience is unusual for an engineer;-) Perhaps you've found another calling with your writing?

What about using this "enforced hiatus" from your career to do some travelling? That's what i'm up to at the moment - travelling around the world being poor in different places.  Fortunately it costs very little money to be poor, and it's a highly transferrable skill!

Hang in there friend, you will prevail:-)

Well, I do have a background in web development (PHP/MYSQL), as well as used Photoshop since about 1991 or so when it first came out. I learned all of that from an overly large amount of trial and error and learning from books and tutorials over the years. I was on the fence when I went to college about either picking.. Graphic Arts, Website Design, or Engineering. I picked the engineering field.

2. salt profile image66
    saltposted 6 years ago

What did you study origin? And sometimes what we study isnt where we are meant to work in our life.... and about feeling down,

Sometimes, I find I have to go through the down to be up again. The down lets me see or lets me let go of the sad bits in life.. and if you are down,...read my hub on the most watched you tube videos, you cant help but laugh.. especially at the comedy guy, I didnt want to laugh, but I did and more than I had in sometime..

I was in the engineering field as an electrical designer. Thanks for the ideas, Salt. smile

3. FranyaBlue profile image76
    FranyaBlueposted 6 years ago

I am definitely feeling down...

My husband has gone away to Iran for a month, it's the first time we have been apart for longer than 5 days and I miss him a lot plus I have a rotton cold. sad

Oh no! But, on the plus side how good will it be when he comes back?

I love reunions:-)  Get well soon!

1. FranyaBlue profile image76
        FranyaBlueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aww thanks!

Plus he will miss my birthday which means he will have to give me an extra nice prezzie!

Feeling better already smile

Woohoo!

Maybe he could pick up something specifically "Iranian" for you on his travels! Perhaps they have different styles of jewellry over there?

Glad your day is getting better! wink

4. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

I've been pretty angry and depressed for several weeks, but a friend called me and she opened me back up and made me realize a lot of good things. She's going through a real rough stretch as well. Then another friend and her companion were celebrating her birthday last night, alone at home, as they were losing their home and need to be out tomorrow. We took them to dinner last night and laughed until we cried.

We are each "unloading" a lot of things in our lives. Relationships, homes, belongings, jobs, death of family and so much more. We actually found ourselves reiterating to each other over and over that all this "loss" is just a perception of loss. That actually we are being freed to become open to what's coming next. By the end of the evening, I fell into bed very grateful just for a comfortable bed and a safe place to sleep and live. I became grateful for the people in my life who are willing to rally around and just be with me, and me with them.

I think in a very real way, that feeling of rallying is possible here in the forums. Look what we're doing--we're rallying.

I think sometimes that regardless of our perceptions, we are asked to lose a lot of baggage (even when we're sure it's not) and learn from it. Maybe until we experience the lesson and learn what we need to from it, we don't move on. I'm not sure, but that's kind of how it feels right now.

Sending good vibes to all of you.

P.S. I also learned that sometimes if I have a good cry, it's because the numbness and anger and depression are breaking up. That's what happened last night for me.

Yeah, I still do that sometimes. It's good.

That's an outstanding attitude Daniel - I love that you can view "losing" things in that way. I think you're right - sometimes our lives need a "clean out" even though we don't realise it, and life comes up with a way of making sure we're empty of all the wrong things.

You've given me a new persepctive there Daniel - thanks! I'm looking forward to receiving what the future holds, now there's room in my life for it!

Good vibes received and coming back at you too smile

working