jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

What makes us heal emotionally, spiritually, and physically?

1. Healthy Living Is profile image75
    Healthy Living Isposted 6 years ago

Healing, I believe takes place when we have hope and start to relax inside.  I believe that healing takes time and energy.  The type of energy I am referring to is positive energy.  I also believe that we all need people in our lives to talk to and help us heal. Though we heal on our own, still positive energy from other people helps us and may guide us there.  What do you think?

1. donotfear profile image91
      donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very well said. Also, learning to release unhealthy attachments is crucial to healing.

1. Wendi M profile image82
        Wendi Mposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh I completely agree with that!

AKA...letting things go!!

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The basis for healing self is honesty within self about self. Harmony brings peace. Peace automatically brings positive energy.

2. DevLin profile image60
    DevLinposted 6 years ago

Woman told she had tumors in her breasts on a friday, goes home to meditate and pray for the biopsy on monday. Friends pay for her all weekend, and there's no sign of tumors on monday morning xray. I say the mind heals all you want it too. It was as you said, the positive thoughts, that all would be well. Knowing others wished her well as well, helped.

1. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dr. med. Götz Blome maintains that most of us develop cancer numerous times throughout our lives. It's a diagnosis that causes it to spread, according to him. I tend to believe this, although there are obviously many exceptions

3. 68
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

A warm summer day, a clear starlit night, a warm embrace, a bit of solitude, a sincere thank you, a small amount of praise, and a hearty laugh!

4. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

now that comment is what i call logical and commonsense......

healing does not always come easy, but then maybe we find, we are putting barriers up to healing ourselves, but we do need help to break them down.

5. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

I believe it is the separation from our spiritual selves that causes the emotional suffering.  This can lead to all types of physical ailments.  By reconnecting to our true spiritual selves we begin to heal the wounds that create unhealthy living.

6. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Sometimes people just get cancer from the sun or some other exposure and need urgent surgery too. smile
    You're first need is to remain alive. smile

7. ceciliabeltran profile image85
    ceciliabeltranposted 6 years ago

I personally think it's exercise. the mind cannot do it on its own, the body has to help.

8. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Physically, we heal with time, rest, and the right nutrition (a good immune system helps speed things up, so does being young enough to regenerate cells well).

Emotionally/mentally, time helps a little; but I think there's another factor.  I think when bad stuff happens we have to process everything in our minds and let it all kind of "settle down" to where they don't quite have the same overwhelming degree of emotion involved, and instead kind of "turn into negative, gray, thoughts that aren't quite as powerful as they had been".  It can see like we try to push those (at this point) manageable "gray thoughts" to the back of my mind in order to keep going about the business of life.  Eventually, with time, new things that aren't so negative come in and "take up space" in our minds.

What I picture happening is if the new "non-negative" things are not big things, it takes enough time for enough of them to move in, collect, and take up enough "mind space" to push the "gray thoughts" farther and farther "into the background".  I think, though, if new positive experiences (positive energy) happen faster and are bigger than the "routine, non-negative" experiences; they "take up that mind space" more quickly and push the "gray thoughts" into the background more quickly too.

So, small and seemingly inconsequential positive experiences (of the "small-joys-of-life" variety that we can find ourselves) are better than none; but bigger positive experiences are the best for helping heal (as much as anyone is ever going to heal).

Things like laughing, enjoying fresh air, or seeing some of the beauty in Nature are among those "small joys" that we can find for ourselves.  Surrounding ourselves in negativity and ugliness is, I think, probably a guarantee we'll never get those "gray thoughts pushed far into the background" enough to heal very much.  People who go too long without knowing to seek out those seemingly insignificant small joys to at least start to "come in and replace the bad stuff" can find they've lived stressed out and miserable for so long their body won't have the energy to function, and eventually their physical health may suffer.  Once that happens, things get harder and harder to overcome.

Besides, when it comes to those things that are just going to take time to heal, a person may as well seek out some of those smaller joys in life to make waiting out that time a little more bearable.

9. girl about town69 profile image60
    girl about town69posted 6 years ago

With enough time and distractions you can heal from anything maybe not fully but enough to move on, this has been evident many times throughout my life and lives of those close to me.