Using Jealousy As a Tool

1. Ashukah profile image60
    Ashukahposted 6 years ago

Do you think that when someone breaks up with someone and still loves them, do you think that they'll try to make the other person jealous to get attention?

You see, my ex boyfriend broke up with me about three weeks ago and said he still loved me but that he wanted to be friends. He was going through a stressful time and our friend just passed. Besides all that, I called him today and he seemed pretty upset that I hadn't called him in so long. He did say "thank you for calling" though. He also said he doesn't rule out the possibility of us being back together in the future, but that he "doesn't know what the future will hold." We had been together for 2 and a half years. He's 17 and I'm 16. 

Well anyway, he kept mentioning about how great his life is going and how he's hanging out with his friends tomorrow and what not. He also keeps bringing up stuff that's going on like accomplishments. I mean, what's this all about? Is he trying to seem tough by breaking up? Or...? I could really use some help.

1. Ashukah profile image60
      Ashukahposted 6 years ago in reply to this