jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

me and my best friend got into a fight

1. 60
    ashlyn97posted 6 years ago

i found myself at a loss of words when she talks trash about me... can any of you guys relate and give me advice on what to do???? any advice appreciated.. thank u...

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If she talks trash about you, she was never your friend.

2. 0
      iamqweenbeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Izzy! Although there are friends who like to call each other the b word, etc. it still isn't a good practice to do that. If she always talks trash about you, that was a red flag to get a new friend. If there is any incline that she trashes you, that is still enough

2. 60
    ashlyn97posted 6 years ago

thats exactly what i said but then she will turn around and say she never said it and then everyone blames me saying i made up lies

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, who said she trashes you?
      If she was/is your best friend, chances are you have the same group of friends.
      She says she didn't trash your name, and your other friends agree with her.
      So who told you she did?

2. 0

All the more reason to steer clear...too much drama!

3. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I think that it is probably best to try to avoid the argument.  Tell her how you feel...hurt, disappointed, and depressed.  Then tell her that you will need to re-evaluate the friendship.  Although you honor her and value the friendship, you may not be able to continue a friendship that makes you feel so bad.

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image89
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

If you value her friendship, why not go for a coffee somewhere neutral and talk it through?  Tell her what you've been told in a non-accusatory manner.  Give her the opportunity to reply and take it from there.

Also, query the source of your information.  Gossip is rarely pleasant in nature.  Does someone have a motive for spreading malicious gossip, perhaps?

5. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Go on the Jeremy Kyle Show and talk and shout it out, let people view it from a far on the TV!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Why would anyone over 18 have this problem?

Just ignore her and find new friends.

7. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

or webcam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Internetwriter62 profile image87
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

Respect is vital to friendship, so move on.

9. ExpandYourMind profile image89
    ExpandYourMindposted 6 years ago

Enjoying your company and friendship should be considered a privilege not a right.  If she can't treat you as a friend she has exhausted her privileges.

10. cupid51 profile image50
    cupid51posted 6 years ago

Mutual trust and respect is the key to any relationship. If your friend has no respect on you or you don't have any respect on your friend then it is difficult to maintain the relationship.

1. 0

So very true

11. 60
    johndenielposted 4 years ago

At this situation, you should remains calm and don’t lose your patience. If she is your best friend then you should understand her carefully and find what the reason behind it is.