jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Breaking up with a girl .

1. Nima S profile image60
    Nima Sposted 6 years ago

I just broke up with a girl, because she did not call me back. And when she hangs out with this certain group of friends she never picks up her phone. And I dont here from here until the next day. Now one of her friends has a fiance and a boyfriend on the side. Do you think im exaggerating ? Or did I do the right thing by dumping her ? Any opinions would help. I do have to admit I love being single.

1. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image89
      AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Without knowing the whole story, from both yours and her points of view, it's not possible to say much.

Maybe she felt you were too possessive?  I see no reason why any woman should be obliged to answer phone calls if she doesn't want to.  If she's with friends, or busy with her life in any capacity, then any boyfriend (or husband) should accept that she really does have a life of her own. 

Her choice of friends is hers to make.  If one of her friends is engaged and seeing a second man, this does not effect you in any way.  If you disaprove, for whatever reasons, then maybe you might consider that your girlfriend - or ex-girlfriend - may not like all of your friends either. 

And if you're genuinely happy to be single, why fuss over splitting up anyway?  smile

2. Myster_eswife profile image59
      Myster_eswifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I say if you LOVE being single than you did the right thing, not only because of what type of girl she seems like by the company she hangs with, but because when you want to be single you are gonna have a single persons tactics such as maybe cheating on her or wanting to be with someone different and not just her. There is nothing wrong with loving to be single but i suggest you stay single til you are ready to be fully faithful to someone. She does seem like she was avoiding you when around certain people and that would be concerning, I think you did the right thing. Live up the single life.

3. ddavis24 profile image60
      ddavis24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like she wasn't the right girl for you, no matter what her side of the story is. If she were Mrs Right, you wouldn't want to dump her over "petty" things (not saying you're being petty, but I just mean that if she were The One these types of things wouldn't matter)

2. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

It's hard to say without knowing her, but if she hangs around shady friends I would just move on and find someone else. Since, a lot of times shady behavior can rub off on other people (her friends rubbing off on her).

1. JMPruitt profile image60
      JMPruittposted 6 years ago

There are always 3 versions of what happens in a relationship. yours, theirs, and reality.

no matter what you do, you need to be able to accept that you are both to blame for any problems that you had. They may have made mistakes, but you did too.

now, I would say once you accept that, and look honestly at your relationship, you will know what to do. i see some people who get back together, and others who realize that it is time to move on.

the fact is there is no right or wrong answer, and it isn't all up to you. She will have to go through the same process if you want to put the past behind you.

you also may find that you can be friends, but nothing more than that. its ok. My ex wife and I are still good friends, we just couldnt live with each other.