jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Guys Don't REALLY Want To Shop

1. fmalik4 profile image60
    fmalik4posted 6 years ago

So I walk into my favorite store in the mall, I pick up a few items and head to the fitting room. As I am waiting to be assisted, I spot a guy sitting in the corner buried underneath an array of colorful shirts and dresses, as well as a variety of pants and skirts. No they aren’t his. An arm shoots out of the side of one of the fitting rooms.
    “Can you hand me the blue dress?” “
    Which one?”
    “The one with the rhinestones and lace trim.”
    With a distressed look in his face, he stifles through the garments and picks out every blue dress in the pile, for fear of handing her the wrong one and being ridiculed for it.
    This situation may sound familiar to many of you, no matter what end you’re on.
    Women: Why would you make your man go shopping with you? Shopping is supposed to be the one thing you can do without him and be stress free. He is only going to cause more stress by being there, because he was forced to come.
    Men: Put your foot down. Tell your woman ‘no,’ especially during football season. She’s not going to kill you for not going with her. She might be a little mad, yes, but tell her you’ll make it up to her any way she’d like. It’s not going to make a difference if you’re there when she’s trying on fifteen dresses. Let’s face it. You can’t be honest about how she looks in it; if a dress makes her look fat you can’t tell her, otherwise it’s “adios amigo” and you can’t lie, because then one of her friends will be honest with her and you’ll get the shit end of the stick for lying.
    In all seriousness; girls dragging your man to go shopping with you isn’t going to benefit anyone. You’re not going to be spending “quality time” with him, because it’s not “quality time” if he doesn’t even want to be there AND all you men out there who get suckered into going, STOP being such pussies and grow some balls. As much as we might not admit it, we don’t want to date “shopping sally” we want to be with “macho mike.” We’d much rather come home after a long day of shopping and see you with a beer in your hand, sitting on the Lay-Z Boy, watching John Madden give a play by play; then we have a reason to pour a glass of wine, curl up on the couch, and argue with you until you let us watch that movie on lifetime. Because in all honesty, THAT is spending QUALITY TIME.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

TY TY TY TY TY TY TY. Once, shortly after we were married, I gave my new wife $100 (A lot of money 35 years ago) and took her 70 miles to the biggest shopping mall in Virginia.  We were there when it opened; we were there when it closed.  She bought one $5 blouse.  I have not repeated the experience since!

2. Ashukah profile image60
      Ashukahposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think this might be a tad bit sexist, but I'd say it's generally true that this happens.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

not a good way to spend quality time....would never ask the opposite gender to join me....ever....ever....ever....i get pretty bored to if I'm on the other end of the shopping trip!  not buying...and just getting bored...shopping for me is pretty a quick excursion.  I hate spending too much time on it.

1. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can't stand being with someone if I'm not the one shopping; and I AM the one shopping I don't want anyone with me, breaking up my concentration.   I pretty much have a "mental rule" - if you're not shopping stay out of the stores and  reduce the unnecessary crowd.  smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ha ha - yep! I agree!