jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Email from fellow hubber--just wanted to clarify

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

I got a very angry email from a new fellow hubber who misunderstood a comment I made in the forums about Christianity and homosexuality. Bascially they were very upset with me because they interpreted my comment as bigotted and hateful against homosexuals.

I really apologize for any vagueness I may have conveyed about where I stand on this issue. I wrote a fast paced response that wasn't all that well-worded and left room for belief that I am homophobic.

I am NOT. I have loved ones who are gay. I have good friends who are lesbian, and I know the incredible grief and suffering of a couple of transgendered friends who are going through excruciating changes in their lives about relationships as well as sex changes.

One biologically male friend is going through a sex change. He loves his wife and children very much, but is completely identified as a woman, himself. Yet, his wife doesn't want to be married to a woman. These are complicated and very delicate matters, and cannot be brushed aside as simply a "personal choice."

I just wanted to make clear that I am not homophobic. Perhaps we should be willing to wear each other's shoes before we make any knee-jerk judgments.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Regardless of what was said, it really bothers me that someone would abuse the email system to argue with what is said on the forum.

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah emailing a hubber to continue a forum conversation is out of line.  Tantamount to stalking, or the beginnings of it.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Homosexuality, another topic not worth discussing. hmm

1. 60
      121posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am the new hubber who sent  the email.

Thanks for replying back to me. I accept smile