jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Should Elizabeth Edwards Divorce Her Cheating Husband?

1. leeberttea profile image60
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

It is being reported Elizabet Edwards is refusing to divorce her husband John in order to prevent him from marrying his mistress and baby mama Rielle Hunter. Do you think Elizabeth is being fair and reasonable?

http://forit.org/r/http://www.showbizsp … wards.html

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if it is true; and I'm sure it is a one-sided report - trash news about a person's personal life.    EE would have every reason in the world to be very angry with her spouse for turning her world upside down because he was being a selfish idiot who couldn't control his 'little' head.  She has every right to handle things in whatever way she wants and to take as much time that she needs...it's all about her now...used to be 'them' - but that would be gone....smashed to pieces.  why should she really care now about anything he does or wants...as for the mistress (that's my polite description for her)...EE's decisions would not even consider the mistress.  Why bother reading that crap anyway?

1. leeberttea profile image60
        leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought it was interesting that she would want to attempt to inflict pain upon her husband by denying him a divorce. Personally I don't understand the motivation. If you're pissed because you've been hurt why do anything to keep that pain in your life? Seems to me when you've got a stinger in your finger the first thing to do is get rid of it lest it become infected!

I'd give him the old heave-ho, unless she's only doing this for leverage in a settlement.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hypothetically...if she's still angry...she's just thinking about herself now and taking her time with her decisions - whatever those decisions are that she has to make.  the legal divorce part wraps all those decisions up into a nice neat bow - it's her life now and some may think she's being selfish, but I think she might just be being smart - I'm sure she will  not be so foolish as the DAWG by making rash, quick and stupid decisions.  Her's will probably be much more thought out...with the help of some expensive lawyers....She's already given him the heave-ho!.. or I should say ' the heave to the ho'....LOL! ...now it's down to business for her.

But LeeB you're reading someone's one-sided article about her personal life.  The writer has probably never spoken to EE.  I didn't read the article - I just can't bring myself to read that stuff!

2. MMMoney profile image51
    MMMoneyposted 6 years ago

yes she should

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

one final thought LeeB before I dash off to work.

maybe hubbie doesn't want a divorce; maybe he's begging for his life back; maybe they are working things out; maybe the mistress wants a few more minutes of fame; maybe the mistress wants to play host to 'who's my daddy' one day - you know, another (fake) reality show and she is gearing up for it.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image83
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

ahhhhhh, no wonder I didn't recognize the name, American Politician.

5. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Heck if I was her, I would've divorced his sorry ass a long time ago when I found out he spent $500 on his stupid haircut.

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought it was campaign money that paid for that? Which makes it ok, because if the money's not yours it's free.  For a $500 cut my hair better not grow back until I tell it to.

1. Flightkeeper profile image78
        Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For a $500 hair cut edig, I expect that hair to commit an election violation.

6. Gypsy48 profile image79
    Gypsy48posted 6 years ago

She should have divorced him along time ago.

working