jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Help!! This is my first anniversary and I have no idea what to give!!

1. Victoriaaa profile image61
    Victoriaaaposted 6 years ago

My situation is a little than most. My husband is currently deployed in Iraq right now and our 1 year anniversary is coming up on July 6th. I can't buy him something because he's leaving Iraq on the 14th and it takes 2 weeks for things to get from America to Iraq so he wouldn't get it on time. I want to make him something really special that can be sent to him via internet. Do any of you have any ideas on what I can do that's convenient but still capture the special meaning of the occasion? Any advice would help greatly!!

--Victoria

2. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Well since you are limited to the internet, there's very few things you can actually send.  My suggestion would be to pose for some sexy pictures at a place that does a really nice job and send an attachment.  I'm sure that would make his day.

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just make sure you tell him to open the pictures when he is alone.  Unless, of course, you want all of his buddies hooting and hollering.

Victoriaaaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm literally dying laughing over here. The last thing I want is for his battle buddies to see me that way!! Especially when I see them a lot when they're home and that would make everything very awkward. I don't think I'm going to do the picture thing lol.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

God bless you and you husband for your sacrifices... maybe if you get enough replies, you can send a bunch of "congratulations and good wishes" from all of us here.
    Anniversaries, holidays and birthdays can be tough in these circumstances. May he stay safe and sound, so you can make a double celebrations at the next opportunity.

I think he'd really like that. He likes feeling appreciated lol. Yes, they are tough. We have yet to spend a major holiday together since we've been married because of this deployment. But hopefully God will bring him home safe in two weeks so that we can spend everyday forth together smile

2. Victoriaaa profile image61

Oh and your idea was completely great! I will definitely include this in his present. I have about 6 days to get as many comments as I can. Thanks so much for your advice!

1. Sab Oh profile image61
        Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Send him a poem

Yea I'm definitely doing that too. I actually already started writing it.

working