jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

weird headline : Shopping makes men impotent: Survey

1. pisean282311 profile image57
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

Shopping is really bad for men's health and fertility, scientists are now saying after new research.

Researchers have discovered that a chemical compound found on some cash receipts contains a hazardous substance, Bisphenol A (BPA), which suppresses male hormones in the body and can make men impotent.

Now shouldn't headline be cash receipts might be harmful to men or something..

1. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Or working in a shop....now that would be REALLY dangerous yikes

2. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

Actually, the headline is a bit weird because bisphenol a is  used in the manufacture of zillions of plastic things, even toys and baby bottes, food containers etc..... it can mimic oestrogen which is why it is not good for men.  So to focus on a till receipt out of all the other things is odd..

I expect the article was written by a man who wanted another excuse not to go shopping with his wife....lol

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. kephrira profile image61
      kephriraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ye, I think 'shopping with women makes men feel impotent' would probably have been more honest.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago

LOL

This is actually one of my pet peeves - misleading headlines by so-called "news" sources. I wrote about one recently. Some moronic news show in Arizona made a program claiming that reusable grocery bags are a health hazard.

Utter garbage - just watch the news cast. big_smile

4. Aiden Roberts profile image88
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

The amount of money my wife spends shopping; certainly puts me off!

lol

5. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

At last a scientifically valid reason for me not to act as driver and bodyguard... and portable atm..

portable atm ..lol

working