jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Am i paranoid?

1. 59
    soozeehposted 6 years ago

I have  my boyfriend of 5 yrs and 4 months to be exact. Im confused if i am just paranoid  thinking if he was cheating on me again?.  At the moment  I dont have any evidences or proofs that he was cheating on me.
    But before i caught  him cheating me on the phone with  his classmate in college.  Sometimes we have to believe on our instinct the  night before  i went in their house  we our texting each other  but i have noticed  of his delayed reply like  15-20 minutes interval before he will replied  my text. I told him about  it. And he  just simply make an excuse and blame the network  provider?
    Very unreasonable we are both using the same network provider and living on the same suburb  but on my phone i cant see any problems with the signal. Then the following morning right after my shift i decided to have a surprised visit  on him, i checked his cellphone and i found out from the in box and sent messages  that he was flirting   to this girl his classmate  in college.
    I woke him  up and confronted him about this he  denied.He told me that it was only a joke?
    The hell a joke? I  gave him a warm slapped on  his face  and  i  broke up with him.  He doesn't want me to broke up with him but still i did   because im so mad and messed up.
    I'm not a hypocrite to stay  in a relationship where in i know that i am being taken granted.

After what  had happened he tried everything to win me back. He kneeled in front of me crying and  begging to forgive him. And he promised not to do that again. Then after a month i decided to forgive and give him another chance coz i love him so much.

But since then i always have a doubt  on him  that he will cheat on me again. Once a cheater always a cheater!!!!
    I would say that  now  i don't trust him that  much.

If i would caught him again   i will never give him the 3rd chance.

1. neilahlove profile image60
      neilahloveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If u have a gut feeling he is cheating chances are high that he is. Sorry to put it harsh but you need to trust what you are feeling.

2. 0
      Marzimeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here is a quote I believe strongly in -

"An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.”
      - Pope John Paul I

2. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

No, you're not.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you've already made up your mind but are clutching at straws. As you said,

"Once a cheater always a cheater!"

3. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 6 years ago

Does text flirting with someone count into cheating? Maybe he thought it will not be taken so seriously by you so he went with it but now that he knows that you don't like it so hopefully he will not repeat it again. It is quite possible that he made a genuine mistake and now wishes to correct it. All of us make mistake, knowingly or un-knowingly and we all deserve a chance. Don't you think so?
    But if you say that you still suspect him then what is the point forgiving him? Doing so you have complicated the matter yourself. So just relax, if you have given him a chance trust in him.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

There's that old joke line, "Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean someone isn't after me."   smile

It's not paranoid to have doubts about someone who has once proven not to be trustworthy.  Whether your instincts/suspicions are correct or not may be a separate matter for now, but you're not paranoid for wondering.

1. bsscorpio8 profile image61
      bsscorpio8posted 6 years ago

You sound as though you are not secure in your trust of him.

2. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

you realize that while you were typing this forum post, the odds are that he was having phone sex with someone else

3. bloominglily profile image60
      bloominglilyposted 6 years ago

No, it's not being paraniod, call it being catious. Y

4. lori warren profile image60
      lori warrenposted 5 years ago

If, u dont trust you will always feel this way. you need to think about you and what you deserve, Im pretty sure its better then what your getting. without trust you have no future. atleast not a happy one