jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Defense behaviors to cover up guilt

1. 0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

What are some behaviors that one expresses when guilty or approached about something they are embarrassed about.  I think for me I'll try to avoid the person....lol

1. thooghun profile image87
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exaggeration, close-gared gestures (keep arms close to the body), avoiding eye contact.

I actually wrote a hub about this:

2. TMMason profile image75
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

I agree, the manarisms, the lil eccentricities in someones behaviors.

But there are alot of other things also, exaggeration, deflection, denial, minipulation of the conversations to change the subjects, and the infamous freudian slip among many others.

Probrably more than we could list...

But all are relative to that individual also.

I have seen people that just look like they're lying, and others you would trust with your life and might not live to regret it.

So not all, are aplicable to all.

3. dredhead117 profile image62
    dredhead117posted 6 years ago

In my personal experiences, I've seen people try to hide their guilt preemptively. When someone is being overbearing towards you trying to figure out what you're hiding when there's nothing going on, they might be trying to hide something themselves.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's called projection in psychology. smile

4. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

You know that old saying, "The woman doth protest too much"? It applies to men also.
    I've also heard an involuntary physical reaction is looking up and to the right...