jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

heart break

1. 60
    deshannaposted 6 years ago

having been in a relationship for 8yrs i believe it has come to an end my boyfriend got someone else pregnant it is killing me since ive always wanted us to have a family, all my friends say i should leave, i believe i should but its hard wat is ur advice on the matter

1. Teresa McGurk profile image82
      Teresa McGurkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, my dear, I'm so so so sorry.

What you need to do is not what your heart hopes can happen; you need to get yourself organized and leave;

but leave with your head held high
      don't expect anything from him (that way you won't be hurting yourself even more when he turns away and is with his new partner).

A few years ago I drove from the very bottom of South Carolina up to Virginia with two dogs and a cat in the car, to spend my spring break with my partner of five years or so.

It was my birthday.

I arrived, and he told me he had a new partner and that we were, of course, breaking up.

And that she was 27 (it was my 46th birthday).

So please know that you are not alone, and that there are many people out here who know what you are feeling, and that it is the worst feeling you can imagine.

Call a friend, if you can, and try to stay with her for a few days while you get yourself together.  Let her pamper you and bring you chocolate ice cream.  Even if you don't want to eat it, it'll still be a token of real love and real friendship, and that's why we have friends--so we can help each other through.

2. Anamika S profile image72
      Anamika Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should dump him and move on no matter how hard it is going to be. That guy was not worthy of your love and you deserve someone much better. If you are clinging to the guy who has cheated on you, you are missing a chance of meeting the right guy.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image89
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

If you don't leave, what is the alternative?  I think you know.  Leave!  Start anew.  Many people have experienced this feeling of...betrayal's not the word, though it is a betrayal when the one you've committed yourself to doesn't want you anymore.   As a man who was jilted six months after the girl of his dreams said "I'd be proud to be your wife," I know it is heart-breaking.  One's whole world and reason for living seems to come to an end.   

It doesn't.  A year later I met another girl.  This time I didn't 'fall in love,' I just loved her for what she is, a wonderful little woman. I still love her.  We've been married for over fifty years.

3. starme77 profile image84
    starme77posted 6 years ago

I just left a 20 year marriage - you can do it and will be better off for it in the long run _ I myself should have left years ago - so - go now it will hurt for awhile but I promise there are more fish in the sea - just dont jump into that sea too soon while you are vulnerable - focuse on yourself for awhile smile