jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Possessive aka control

1. 0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

What are some of the reasons people are possessive?  I don't kow if there is a difference between being in control and being possessive

2. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

That's easy to answer...
    Are you asked or made to wear a collar? hmm

Do you find that you are expected to lie on the floor and keep his shoes warm? hmm

Does he practice his moves with a remote control? hmm
    eg: Fast forward, stop, reverse, fast forward... etc.

Does he always expect to walk into the room first? hmm

Of course 'he' can also be substituted for 'she' depending on circumstances.

1. 0
      reeltaulkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

why when a question is asked everyone automatically believes it is in regards to a "relationship"  possessiveness and controlling behavior is exercised every day, sometimes you don't even know the individual that is exercising these behaviors towards you.  It also happens between family members, friends, acquaintances, etc.  So I have no idea what you are talking about.

1. swapna123 profile image77
        swapna123posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not clear what you mean by 'in control'. Do you mean people who control their emotions and behave normally, or do you mean people who try to control you ? If it is the former, then, the difference is obvious. Possessiveness and being in control are just the opposites.

However, if you are talking about people who try to control you, then this is what i think. Your parents, spouse or elder siblings are the ones who try to control you , as they feel responsible for your behaviour and may also feel that you are entitled to listen to their opinion. They may also feel that they have a right to take control over your life.
        Possessiveness is something more intense. A possessive person wouldn't really like you being close or even talking to another person. They feel that they own you, and would have problem with you getting into any type of new relationship. They would expect you to be around all the time and would resort to emotional blackmail if they feel ignored.

3. wildorangeflower profile image62
    wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago

insecurity because you one to impose yourself