jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

What is minimum time to date and than Marry a Person

1. MMMoney profile image50
    MMMoneyposted 6 years ago

What is minimum time to date and than Marry a Person?
    To understand fully

1. jpolloso profile image60
      jpollosoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

according to some, they said that the minimum time in getting to know the person before jumping to marriage is six month. But I guess it really depends because getting to know the person you love is a lifetime process..

2. pylos26 profile image76
      pylos26posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think 35-40 yrs is an absolute minimum. anything sooner is jumping the gun.

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Technically, if you actually met that person AT a wedding chappel in Vegas, and were willing to call the intial eye contact a first date, then you could probably get it done in twelve to fifteen minutes.  For the sake of this conversation, let's assume you got through the paperwork quick, and go with 12. So, 12 minutes is the minimum time to date and marry a person.

3. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

Sometimes it just takes a few days...sometimes it takes a lifetime--there's no one answer to this, it just depends on the people...

My husband and I got married two months after we met, and today we celebrate the 22nd anniversary of the day we met...but obviously, that's not for everyone, lol... big_smile

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats, TamCor - not many people can make it like that.

Like you, my wife and I met Thanksgiving and, after a 3 week pause in our relationship around Christmas while one traveled, married Feb. 4, 34 years ago.

Sometimes it works.

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!  It's nice to meet someone else who understands how that can really happen, because it's just not possible to explain, is it?  big_smile

No it's not.  It takes two people willing to work at it that also care very much for each other, and few people get the first part of the equation.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is a great answer! 

Happy Anniversary to you both!

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, KCC!!!!  big_smile

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

My hubby and married two months after we met. Oh, excuse me...I meant "ex-hubby."

Nuff said.

smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I met my husband ten years before we were married.  (Celebrating 48 married years in a few days.)
    We still don't understand each other fully.
    If we did, we probably would have been bored and called it quits.

6. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I met an elderly couple that had been married more than 60 years.  They had 'dated' for three days before they got married.  She was 16, and her parents wouldn't let her go out yet.  He didn't fancy sitting at her parents home every evening for the next year or so, until they would let her go out, so they eloped.

And they still held hands all the time.

Isn't it neat to find someone like that, that is still in love after that many years?

2. ohmygoodnessrae profile image60
      ohmygoodnessraeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is so touching smile

working