jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to Know if S/He's the one?

1. jpolloso profile image61
    jpollosoposted 6 years ago

How would you know that you finally found someone that you will spend the rest of your life with?

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good question. The best advice I ever got was date for two years. Don't get to serious and within that time you will know if he is the one for you. If it works out and you move in together after that two years. Wait for another two years to see if it works out while living together, before marrying or bringing children into the world.

That was the best 'to late' advice I ever got! If someone can get that information ahead of time... before they make any definite decisions they will be smarter and better off for it. Believe me! It saves a lot of turmoil if you plan ahead and take it slow.

'Words Of Wisdom'

2. swapna123 profile image78
    swapna123posted 6 years ago

Nice question. Marriage can't work by trial and error. It's more complicated.
    First of all, spend as much time as you can with each other. Find out what are the qualities in the person that you like and what all you don't like.
    Would you ignore things that you don't like and accept him the way he is, or do you expect him to change his behavior ?
    If you expect a change, let him know about it and see if he agrees to it. Similiarly, let him tell you what all he likes about you and what he doesn't. Be honest and this can give you a fair idea whether to proceed further or not.
    Also, check if you guys argue frequently. If your views on more issues are different and neither is willing to change, then maybe, you are just not made for each other. Of course, people can change with time and so can their opinion. However, it's always good to find out before you take the plunge.

3. Aiden Roberts profile image86
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

How do you know if he/she is the one?

I am sure there are many theories but for me:

She is like oxygen, I can't live without here so trust me I just know smile