jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What's your personal opinion of shy or reserved people?

1. BennyTheWriter profile image92
    BennyTheWriterposted 6 years ago

Whether you're shy of outgoing yourself, I'm interested in your opinions.  What do you think of them?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image81
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always wonder why they are so shy.  I wonder what about me, makes them stand offish, or afraid of me. 

I have to say that I really don't understand shyness.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...just that...they are shy and reserved....some just take a lit bit more time to feel comfortable before they let you get to know them....as for those that are reserved, I tend to pay attention when they have something to say...and again, it takes more time to get to know them...that's all from my point of view anyway.  Some may be shy and reserved only in certain situations or at certain times....just because...I don't really question it.

1. starme77 profile image84
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah - what she said smile

3. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 6 years ago

They're people just like everyone else. Being reserved or shy makes them  no worse or better than anyone else. Out of curiosity, why do you even ask the question?

4. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Many quiet people are quiet because they know something, but even a fool can appear wise if he keeps his mouth shut.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image81
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is that what you think a quiet or shy person is doing..., measuring up us loud mouths.  Maybe.  However, not all of them.  You can generally read a person, by looking into their eyes.  I see fear alot of times.  I can generally tell if someone is measuring me up.  Face to face it is easily seen.

However, maybe all shy and quiet people are measuring us up.  Are you shy?  Is that what you do?

5. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

I go by my own experience - if I feel uncomfortable in the company of certain people, I feel shy and reserved. Also if I start a new job, or find myself in a situation that is completely new to me. I assume this is similar for others, too.
    Of course, people misunderstand this, and might think I'm just being snobby, which is wrong, so I wouldn't think this of others either.
    When I feel comfortable, I'm pretty out-going.