jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

In love with my friend

1. profile image61
    littletonveryposted 6 years ago

I'm in love with my friend who I know does not feel the same way, I love spending time with her but I get really upset when she talks to her ex because he just gives her loads of shit that she does not deserve. As a true friend it's my job to be there for her and I always will be I just need some advice on how to cope
    Thanks peeps

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you want her to like you and she likes jerks, then you have to be a jerk. big_smile  As a true friend, it is your job to show her what her trouble is.  So my sick and twisted advice is to back off, create distance.  Let her come to you, when she does, blow her off again...

When she starts attaching herself to you ask her why she likes jerks.  big_smile

2. Chaotic Chica profile image83
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

Oh boy!! This is a VERY tough position to be in.  I understand that by being there for her it allows you to still be near her and close to her even if your feelings aren't reciprocated and I get that you are hoping that by being there for her whenever she needs you that maybe, one day, she'll see the light and come running into your waiting arms.  Unfortunately you are holding on to a very fine wire and it will break.  When it does, you will fall hard.
    It is not an easy thing to do but the best advice I have seen, heard, given and taken, is to walk away.  If she knows how you feel and doesn't see anything wrong in leaving you hanging and hoping, she is using you.  In a way, it probably makes her feel good to know that no matter what, when she needs an ego boost, you are there to give her that.  By walking away, she is either going to realize how much you do for her, care for her, and/or mean to her, or she is going to miss her personal 'cheerleader' for a while than move on to a new one.
    It's not optimistic advice but this situation RARELY has a happy ending for all parties involved.

3. ilovehoroscopes profile image60
    ilovehoroscopesposted 6 years ago

You're in a difficult situation. Weigh things seriously considering the repercussions of every decision. Pray for guidance.

4. leeberttea profile image61
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

Or I could date her and then she might learn to appreciate you more!

1. profile image0

I heard she really likes jerks so if you aren't nice then you might have yourself a widdle probwem. big_smile

1. leeberttea profile image61
        leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Or she might have a BIG problem! big_smile

1. profile image0

You are dirty! lol

1. leeberttea profile image61
            leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does that make me a jerk? smile

working