jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)

when your married is it eaiser to be the wife or the husband?

1. dawnM profile image82
    dawnMposted 6 years ago

when married who benefits the most out of a marrige the woman or the man?

1. Chaotic Chica profile image85
      Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is no answer to this question.  Every relationship is different because every person is different.  If the marriage is healthy, no one person benefits more.  If it isn't healthy, than the more selfish of the two is the one benefiting more because they will demand it and ensure it.  Sometimes that's the wife, sometimes that's the husband.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're kidding right?

It isn't easy being either one, because relationships take effort, joint effort on both to make it work. hmm

3. Rafini profile image80
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Who benefits the most in a marriage, the man or the woman, right?  I'd say the one who isn't accusing the other of being a lazy, good-for-nothing bum.  lol

Honestly, though.  I don't think there is any benefit for either party unless there's 50/50 cooperation and communication.

4. puebloman profile image59
      pueblomanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends what sex you are. If a woman its easier to be the wife. If a man the husban. Same sex relationships are, of course, more emollient and fluid

1. the pink umbrella profile image73
        the pink umbrellaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i wish i was a lesbian, because the kind of ladies i would like wouldnt be messy like you men!!! lol smile

1. puebloman profile image59

Me too!

5. 0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Both can benefit from a loving marriage.

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

If both parties are not benefiting there is something wrong with the marriage.
    There are times where it can seem a little one sided but it will fluctuate back and forth and all work out.
    Another thought I had while typing is that there is probably an issue with the relationship at it's core if either person feels the need to keep score so to speak.

3. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Marriage is not easy.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

me. big_smile

1. cathylynn99 profile image79
      cathylynn99posted 6 years ago in reply to this

love it!

5. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 6 years ago

I find it easier playing the wife.Long soaks in the bath, painting my toenails, lounging around in silk dressing gowns etc but sometimes my wife gets fed up of my behaviour.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its easier being who ever you are. I believe that both roles  have their own difficulties and when the wife becomes the mother , this role become tough with added responsibilities.

6. charlottelacar profile image61
    charlottelacarposted 6 years ago

in marriage, it should be equal. nobody has to get more nor less.
    it is a thing that requires the both side to do something to make the marriage work smile

1. puebloman profile image59

Maybe it "should" be equal, but it never ever is. Sometimes there are balancing inequalities that amount to a bargain, more or less. Unrequited love in marriage is commoner than love matches

7. 0
    sandieganlizposted 6 years ago

Ummm, I don't think that's a valid questions nowadays! wink

8. cathylynn99 profile image79
    cathylynn99posted 6 years ago

In the 70's, a poll in psychology today ranked some groups in order, happiest to least. it went like this: single women, married men, married women, single men. In a "traditional" marriage, it seems men benefit most. nowadays, though, like others have said, all bets are off. I'm a married woman and I'm ecstatic. No, you can't have him.

9. dashingscorpio profile image84
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the couple and their expectations of one another. Some couples divide the chores fairly evenly and others do not. Traditionally speaking the woman did more work at home even when she had an outside job.
    Today it's not a shock to see a man cooking dinner or shopping at Costco or Sams for groceries, or out and about with the kids alone. There's a big difference in husbands from the 1950s to those in 2010. The same could be said about the wives as well.

Something else to consider is the wealth of the couple.
    A woman who is married to a wealthy man and has a nanny, cook, and maid probably doesn't have it as hard as her husband trying to find ways to continue to support the family's life style let alone compared to the duties of a working class mother.

10. have2write profile image60
    have2writeposted 5 years ago

The husband.  Marriage is for men.  Women do all of the work that the men had to do when they were single plus bearing and raising the children