jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

1. Princess Weddings profile image7
    Princess Weddingsposted 6 years ago

Who should pay, or who is paying for your wedding rehearsal dinner?

1. 0
      Marzimeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Rehearsal Dinner is paid by the couple. This is when they thank their bridal party and parents. They also provide them with gifts for helping them during the wedding process.

2. Megavitamin profile image88
    Megavitaminposted 6 years ago

Typically/proper etiquette dictates that the groom's family pay for the rehearsal dinner.

3. joaniemb profile image59
    joaniembposted 6 years ago

It is up to the grooms family to pay for the rehearsal dinner. With the cost of weddings today, sometimes both the bride and grooms parents will split the cost of everything. Depends on the circumstances.

4. alternate poet profile image78
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

The whole idea of rehearsing the wedding dinner means that the wedding itself has taken back seat to the photographer and how the event looks - rather than the idea of two people coming together.

The last couple of weddings I attended were fluffy pink matched stationary and bridal gown nightmares.

The less rehearsal the better.

5. 60
    Bleach1posted 6 years ago

Both bride and groom.

6. The Best Man profile image60
    The Best Manposted 6 years ago

While tradition dictates that the Groom's father / family pay for it, it is common nowadays to split the cost of the rehearsal dinner, particularly if the costs of the wedding day are being shared.  This can vary of course depending on circumstances.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...me?  I'll pop for it...the separation agreement usually states 'hubby' pays for the divorce party...so I might as well pay for the wedding rehearsal dinner...it only seems fair.....

8. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

We didn't have one.

The week before the wedding we met with the celebrant at the park where we were to marry, decided which tree which person would walk past and what order then smiled, nodded and agree to see each other on the day...

9. alternate poet profile image78
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

In China we are expecting a village wedding - I hope there is no rehearsal as the celebrations and meals go on for three days sometimes !

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...how long are the divorce parties?.........they must be longer!  just kidding!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...and best wishes to you AP!

2. alternate poet profile image78
        alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I calculate that I will not live long enough to get as far as divorce, and as Sukie is not only the most beautiful girl in China but also bright, charming and humorous, why would I want to ?

10. invita profile image80
    invitaposted 6 years ago

Traditionally it is the groom's family. However nowadays, people don't always cling to tradition for the tradition's sake.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this is true. I currently am planning one and paying for it.
      since we have a lot of out of town/state guests, it's the bridal party plus out of town guests. we decided instead of a traditional sit down dinner with 70ish people yikes:, it's more of a celebration with heavy hor d'ourvres (enough to feel like a meal), tropical fruit and both a Greek dessert and a chocolate fountain and a bar. we're calling it The Wedding's Eve. it's not cheap, but I feel it's worth it.

has anyone ever had a chocolate fountain before at their event? 

it's really become the beginning of the wedding weekend festivities. all I can say, is I'm glad I have sons.. weddings are so expensive. [but I'm soon to have the most amazing daughter-in-law] smile