jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Cyber Affairs

1. 0
    Chastened Writerposted 6 years ago

Have you ever had a cyber affair with a fellow hubber?  Do you consider this to be cheating?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a love/hate relationship with the forums.  (Hate moderating them, love participating in them.)  Does that count?

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Uhhh you might consider re connecting with the real world

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
          wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

OMG tony  .. so you mean after all this time our cyber affair means nothing to you

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
        mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting question. I have never done this, whether here or online in general, but if I found out my Husband had been "having a virtual affair" (for want of a better description), I think I would feel just as angry and hurt as if he had been having an actual affair. Betrayal is on an emotional level as much as a physical one, sex is sex, but being in love is emotional, mental, therefore you can betray this online just as much as if you physically sleep with another person. After all, before you slept with your partner you were in love on an emotional level without sex surely!

2. Teresa McGurk profile image82
      Teresa McGurkposted 6 years ago

Cheating what? (I mean, cheating because it isn't a real affair?)

1. 0
        Chastened Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Right.  Shared intimate feelings, emotions, "phone" or"chat sex".  Some people would not consider that to be cheating.  What do you think?

3. Mom Kat profile image84
      Mom Katposted 6 years ago

It all depends on what you define as cheating.  For some people emotional and intelectual connections are just as important as physical ones.
      My fiance and I both agree that an online affair is still cheating.  Others don't think it is.
      This would be something to discuss with the person you are with to see where the line is and to make sure it is not crossed.

4. 0
      Justsilvieposted 6 years ago

Yes it is cheating and the danger of it going to real-time is there. I speak from experience.

We live in another country and he swore it was nothing and it would never go to real time. He would never fly to her.  No problem she paid to fly here and spend a two week vacation with him all expenses paid on her. Hard to resist such an offer I guess when you are already going through a crisis.

But as in all cyber affairs you never know what you get and now he does want what he found. Our relationship may be over because I don't know if I can forgive him. He is sad and so I am I. What a waste.

Hint, that ethereal natural fairy like creature with a back pack on the Internet may just run out to be someone else and most often are.  Cheaters are rarely themselves on the net, probably not in real life either.

If you want have a cyber affair, start the effort on your own partner, I bet he or she will be just as thrilled with romantic hearts and flowers and they are there in “REAL LIFE”. 

Maybe you won’t find the need to cheat after all.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

..that's too bad that happened justsilvie....yes, what a waste..