jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Social Net working or just a better way to Cheat???

1. mizzjanique29 profile image60
    mizzjanique29posted 6 years ago

Some people say that if two people are in a relationship...the computer should just be strictly for work or down time. However when does social networking turn into a problem? I in my personal opinion feel that if a significant other is spending more time on the computer that with you the problem has started, in this situation the best thing you can do is talk to the person and let them know that they're neglecting you for the computer is becoming a problem and don't be shy on expressing how you truly feel about the matter; If the person loves and truly cares for you they will definitely make some changes.

If the person becomes upset or even erratic there is something much deeper going on... but this is just my take on the situation, please share your thoughts on the matter.

1. lilidauphin profile image61
      lilidauphinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If a person is dishonest, nothing will stop them from cheating. If they can't find a computer, they'll build one with toilet paper just to find a way. I don't want to blame social networking for a person's lies. When a person truly loves us, the last thing in their minds is cheating. We just have to pick people who are honest, dignified and who are able to appreciate us.

1. smcopywrite profile image82
        smcopywriteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i agree with everything you mentioned. cheating is cheating. the computer simply makes it easier to do and to justify that you are not actually cheating

2. jenniferlynn profile image61
      jenniferlynnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If a person wants to cheat, they will find a way to cheat. One does not need the internet to do so.

Social networking is how many people keep in touch with friends and family, past and present. From a personal standpoint it is much easier for me to facebook my cousins than to call them all the time. In fact, I keep in touch with them much better now than ever before.

The fact of the matter is, if you don't trust your partner, there is no relationship. If the person you are with cannot trust you to be on a social networking site, then why stay with them?

2. Chaotic Chica profile image84
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

The internet is only as dangerous as the person using it.  Sure, it can seem to make it easier but then working in an environment like the mall or a busy amusement park could make it easier too.  If a person is going to cheat, they will find a way.  By using the internet, communication may seem to be easier but it's also easier to lie.
    I know of a man who decided to surprise the woman he'd been chatting with online with an actual visit. He'd fallen for her and had some time off and made the trip (he lived three states away).  She was surprised alright, and so was he when her equally surprised husband answered the door.

1. purpleangel47 profile image59
      purpleangel47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow Chaotic Chica! How did that guy get back to his own state - in his car or a coffin? If his car, he was lucky. But that illustrates a huge problem.
      People definitely use social networking for fantasy moments - but like you said, it can only be a problem if you've got someone intent on doing it; and someone intent on accepting it.

3. Joe Badtoe profile image61
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

What if the person spending all that time is actually in love with the computer?

And as the computer is an inaminate object would being n love with it be considered cheating? Think of all that money being saved;

No illicit meetings, for dinner or nights in hotels, no secret phone calls or txt messages.

Why just writing this I'm becoming more attracted to my little toshiba....

I should lie down now.

1. barby2kool profile image72
      barby2koolposted 6 years ago in reply to this

wow!! Joe Badtoe you are too funny, lol!! but seriously, I do agree with everything you said. Maybe I too could qualify as being in love with my computer, having spend a good many of my time on the internet. It doesn't seem to bother my loving husband though, I guess he'd rather share me with my laptop than with someone else.