jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

The Difference

1. Underworld-Craft profile image61
    Underworld-Craftposted 6 years ago

What is the difference between Love and Hate or are they one and all?

1. jacobkuttyta profile image45
      jacobkuttytaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Love is love

and

Hate is hate

1. Lisa HW profile image83
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I second this.  There's love.  There's hate. There's no "fine line" whatsoever between the two.

2. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

Unless of course you love the one you hate

1. Underworld-Craft profile image61
      Underworld-Craftposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Let's drive in the same ride for a while...

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
        Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Underworld- Craft

Does a practicing witch need to make a distinction between love and hate?

Serious question.

3. Miss Kiiro profile image61
    Miss Kiiroposted 6 years ago

The difference between love is feeling care for someone. If you hate someone, then you are not fond of them. Lol.

They're both very strong emotions though, so in my opinion, i could only hate someone that I could love if the path were reversed.

4. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 6 years ago

Are the extreme opposite! They are probably similar because both are very strong sentiments, but definitely differents.
    I do not know hate, but if love makes me love the whole world and makes me feel serene, what can make the hate? we must growing our love, the enemy of hate. I think that who love, can not hate!

1. kathryn1000 profile image60
      kathryn1000posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It must be the definition of love that needs clarifying.Being "in love" and loving are not thee same thing.Being "in love" can turn to hate if the person does not live up to your expectations.It's a passion,ReAL LOVE MEANS YOU CARE A BOUT THE OTHER AS MUCH AS YOU CARE ABOUT YOURSELF.sorry for caps lock!!!

1. Rafini profile image87
        Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you really think so?  Love can turn into hate if the other person doesn't live up to your expectations?  To me, that speaks loudly of selfishness...I mean, if I love someone, such as one of my kids, and they turn out to be someone other than I thought they were...why would I then hate them just because they didn't live up to my standards for them?  That doesn't make sense.  If it were a boyfriend, then, wouldn't I be better off in knowing he didn't live up to my expectations so we could each go our separate ways?  Why would I hate him for that?  It would be the same as walking out of one movie theater and into another one to try out a different movie.....

Feeling love for another can turn to hate quite quickly if the other person does something to cause a shift in feelings, however.  Such as, if the man I'd been seeing suddenly turns on me and beats me up.  Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy with him then!

2. Rafini profile image87
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

One who can love is capable of hate for both are extreme forms of passion.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
        Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Exactly what I meant, but said far more eloquently.

5. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

Love and Hate are opposites.
    Sometimes, the deepest love can turn into the most dreadful hate.

working