jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What is the minimum you can really spend on a wedding

1. xixi12 profile image81
    xixi12posted 6 years ago

Does a budget wedding really work? Where exactly do I need to cut the cost

1. kmackey32 profile image83
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

JP's are real cheap. Years ago my dumbass got married for $25 bucks...lol

xixi12posted 6 years ago in reply to this

How did you do it? Do you have a large family to help out?

1. kmackey32 profile image83
          kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

NOOOOO, you go to a JP or a Judge, someone who has a license to marry people and they marry you, you only need 1 witness, No big wedding involved. cheapest way if you really wanna get married and dont have the funds...

i see. lol

2. 0
            DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

darn. my jp was 50 dollars and he was drunk!!!!

2. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I catered my oldest daughter's LARGE wedding myself. A friend made all the bridesmaids' dresses. The food at the reception was great! I wrote a hub about it. I bought food when it was on sale and froze it - stuff like meatballs, shrimp, etc. I can't remember how much we spent.

nice one. was the bridesmaid dresses free or you got it at a cheaper rate. I got an aunt to sew the bridesmaid dresses but she charged little

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I bought the fabric and she did the sewing for free!

3. Browneesorchids profile image76
    Browneesorchidsposted 4 years ago

I am planning my own wedding and I have managed to stay within 5,000 dollars. I have cut cost with asking for substitutions on things pertaining to the decor, tableware, flowers, foods and services such as the cake, and photographer. Go to your nearest arts and craffts store that carry a wide range of artificial flowers and catch them on sale, they will have sales throughout the year and seasons. Get your own tableware, use sturdy paper products, instead of having alcohol drinks- don't or just keep it down to the toast only. It's your day and that is exciting, beautiful and fulfilling enough, right. I love the center piece designs I have made myself. I bought diy invitations on sale. There's are so many ways to cut cost on a wedding. Allow yourself time to plan, look for deals, clearances, sales, mark downs, give yourself timw to not think of the wedding and relax. Have fun with it and be personal as you want.

4. ib radmasters profile image60
    ib radmastersposted 4 years ago

The cheapest is paying for the marriage license, and getting someone to marry you gratis.

working