jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever been hurt by someone you considered a friend?

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I have had a close friend since highschool. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts she has chosen not to talk to me, without a reason, for nearly 8 months. sad She was my bridesmaid at my wedding - however she's getting married in just over a month and I haven't even been invited.

Feeling a bit sad. Feel free to share your story below.

1. pisean282311 profile image58
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

no but i have hurt many of my friends...they had big heart to forgive me and i still regret hurting them..but as far as my friends goes ..i am luckiest person in the world...

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Plenty of times. It's getting so predictable in my life that i rarely put my emotional resources(as a friend) with anyone these days. I can only tell you one thing- you'll learn to move on.

3. A la carte profile image59
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

It's hard when a friend drops out of your life at any time. It is even worse when you have no idea why. I have lost friendships but more because I have been at fault than them. Unfortunately in these cases time does not heal..it just makes the chasm seem wider and deeper than perhaps it really is.
    Maybe you should have another go at speaking to your friend. She might have other issues going on in her life that caused her to turn away. I am sorry you are feeling a bit down and maybe trying again might work..you have nothing to lose by trying.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I will wait till after her honeymoon and see if I can give it another try. We shall see what happens...

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
        Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It might have nothing to do with you WryLilt.  Maybe her new husband doesn't like you for some weird reason, who knows?  It's a good idea to ask why and if there's anything you can do about it and then you can make your decision from there to keep up the friendship on your part or not.

4. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Let's face it...people change, and quite often change is a good thing.  After all, how many friends did you keep in touch with after high school?  I thought so.

Some friendships were just meant to be temporary.  We just move on, becuase we've found new avenues to persue, that the other person doesn't share an interest in.  Sometimes the old friends just aren't comfortable with your new direction or the new friends you hang out with.  That's life.

Sometimes we have a falling out.  Sometimes we let it get to us, and we hold a grudge for a long time.  Check out my House mate hubs.

1. Rastamermaid profile image72
      Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So true people change,relationships change.

People come into your life for a reason,season or a lifetime.I've had many so called friends that are no longer in my life.But better I have friends that have been in my life over 35 years.

Our relationships have changed,we have kids and families but we are still close regardless of being in different states. and countries..I love Facebook

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have one response to this,  all of us change, so does our circumstances and choices... this is a part of life...
        You can make the best of what you have, and ignore what ignores you!
        My mentor used to tell me one thing repeatedly, 
        Celebrate those who celebrate you, do not enter the door steps of those who despise you!!
        Wise man he was... I  always took his advice!