jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Women and Honesty

1. b. Malin profile image58
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

Should a woman always tell the truth to her man?  Are you always upfront....and did it cost you a relationship.  Does he get you all the time?

1. Angela Nielsen profile image59
      Angela Nielsenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, because their certain instances that you need to lie this are called white lies. To refrain from misinterpretation from the guys.

2. profile image0
    miolunaposted 6 years ago

If people are very close to each other they haven't secrets. Relationship means trust. So no secrets. Of course if it's not secret of someone else.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends on the quality of your relationship. I have found keeping secrets from my husband impossible.  I just have to tell him everything, and i am more comfortable when I do it.  we just like to relax in each others company and don't have to watch what we say. we have known each other for a little less than twenty years and it has worked wonderfully for us.

2. the pink umbrella profile image73
      the pink umbrellaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well i believe you have a right to have secrets. after all, there are things in my life that i would like to keep just for me. I think my sig other should have some things that he has just to himself as well. keep some mystery ladies......

3. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 6 years ago

I believe in the sincerity as a basic value to build a healthy relationship. Being honest means to get naked and lay the foundations for a constructive relationship: away all the masks! Away all fears! Away the shame!

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Well, I believe in being honest and that relationships are based on trust; but I don't think keeping a few things to oneself means not being honest or worthy of trust (or trusting).   Besides, especially if you're young and in a relationship with someone else young; you may be shocked to discover your secrets being shared the minute you try to break up with the person and s/he gets mad at you.   hmm  That doesn't necessarily mean not trusting the person now, or even thinking you won't be able to trust him one day.  It's just a matter of good sense.  I don't think the person you're in a relationship with ought to share some things either.  hmm   ..but that's just me.

5. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

If you try being honest you might be surprised - things I've worked myself up to say have made my hubby laugh. smile

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My thing has nothing to do with any fears or shame.  That's for sure.  It's just about keeping what isn't someone else's business, and what is my business, to myself.   (For example, like who I dated before; or any number of other things that should be of no consequence to someone I'm with now.)

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess it does depend. I've been with my hubby five years and we know most things about each other.

Although I've been lucky in that my two longest relationships have both been with males who don't blab - in fact getting them to talk is the hard part!

6. alternate poet profile image79
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

Women and Honesty  in the same sentence   -   Ha!   big_smile

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol Wow... GPS... I have to find myself... hmm

lol No... True... It's Not You... It's Me... I just need to find myself! lol roll

1. alternate poet profile image79
        alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We have several similarities I find - except that I DO NOT look like a cat that has been run over by a truck.

7. Charley...M profile image59
    Charley...Mposted 6 years ago

Always tell the truth! if you dont it could cost you your relationship, and if you love someone why lie Charley...M

8. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

"Should a woman always tell the truth to her man?  Are you always upfront....and did it cost you a relationship.  Does he get you all the time?"

I would rephrase this as:

Should a person always tell the truth?  Are you always upfront....and did it cost you a relationship?  Does your spouse "get" you all the time?"

As to what the answer is, I'm not going there. smile

9. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

i for one prefer sweet, sweet ego-preserving lies

10. ahorseback profile image42
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Honesty is a funny thing , too much is not good , not enough is the same. Peronal stuff is best kept to yourself.  Shared honesty is a good thing. Learning how much honesty is right is a life long mission.......

working