jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Something Better than eHarmony?

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I tried eHarmony but I didn't subscribe. I got matched up with a few guys and some of them sounded interesting but I've got to pay to see their pics or to contact them. Now, if I contact them, they have to be a member to contact me back... and the chances of that are pretty slim so I don't really want to subscribe.

Does anyone know of anything that's like really popular like eHarmony but isn't like just matching like my age to guys to find matches?

1. 60
      ManInBraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is always "Plenty Of Fish"...

1. ashatt profile image79
        ashattposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with this statement. I found a guy of my dreams on that site. I got lots of good friends, too. It isn't just for dating. If done carefully, you can find and meet new people, girls and guys, friends or for dating. All in what you want and what you find. And the best thing, IT'S FREE.

2. macey_2_cute profile image61
      macey_2_cuteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

okcupid.com smile i use it all the time for free. and i really like their match system. its fun to just answer questions when your bored. just be careful not click on any of the adds.

i did the same thing on eharmony lol. im not gonna pay just to send someone a message.

3. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

you can always try zoosk if you have a facebook account, as they're both affiliated and it's free.  plus, there's another site called plenty of fish in the sea, as i heard that's free too.

2. 59
    beckyiposted 6 years ago

Anything I know similiar to EHarmony costs money. And trust me I have searched. However, you could check out match.com.

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I actually run several dating sites. All of them are about making money, it's a business. However good ones do have real members that are looking.

You will have to pay on any dating site to contact others. Again, that's why they have them, to make money. Also they all pretty much use the same way to match people up.

It's really just a roll of the dice, I don't care what one you use. Personally I'd use yahoo! dating.

Whatever you do, DON'T use fling dot com. They will rip you off and put extra charges on your card. Good luck, sorry I can't help more.

BTW I'm single too. smile

1. charkamman profile image60
      charkammanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL not a good testimonial for your own websites eheheh
      Unless you're a bachelor-by choice of course, with such lot of opportunities around wink

1. Bill Manning profile image69
        Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually I am a bachelor by choice. And my dating sites are niche markets, not my type. wink

4. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The best opinion I heard on this is, if the guy isn' willing to spend $6 a month to get to know you, then he probably isn't worth knowing.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

mmmm...  has the ring of truth to it!  big_smile

5. mrshadeed profile image78
    mrshadeedposted 5 years ago

Match.com is less expensive than E-Harmony and offers the Match guarantee, where if you follow their instructions (upload a profile pic, contact 3 members per month etc.) you are entitled to an additional 6 months.

6. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

I prefer Plenty of Fish mainly becasue it's FREE.

7. kj30605 profile image60
    kj30605posted 5 years ago

I would definitely recommend Match.com. You have to pay for the membership, but it's worth it if you have the time to put into it. Reading/responding to e-mails can become a full time job- but it's a lot of fun, and it's all up to you how you want to handle it.

I met my boyfriend on Match.com, and he's the most wonderful person I've ever met. I didn't know guys like him existed.

It's worth a try!

8. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

lol  lol