jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

sex and marriage

1. dawnM profile image83
    dawnMposted 6 years ago

What happens to our sex life after we get married?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's called kids! big_smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I read this and got a cartoon picture in my head of a Guy at the sink shaving and this child standing there saying

Dad,? what was you and mom doing in the bedroom..!    lmao

1. 0
          DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

why would getting married change it?

3. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well from what i heard, the most succesful married couples often experiment and try new things after they've been together for so long, to keep their sex lives from ever being routine.  after all, once you combine that along with the break down of communication, that's when all marriages are doomed for failure.  not saying sex is everything in a relationship, but it does play a part.

2. L a d y f a c e profile image83
    L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago

I've been married for 2 years and have a 14 month old son. Nothing has happened to our sex life, we're both very sexual creatures and still maintain the loving we started with.

That said, I'm not sure what we're doing that's different than everyone else, but I would love to know what it is so I could maybe share some advice through experience.

3. 62
    scholarshipsformoposted 6 years ago

It usually goes down especially if there are plans for kids in the future. But at times you can still keep your sex life alive if you  and your partner keep a schedule to make time intimately with one another.

4. dawnM profile image83
    dawnMposted 6 years ago

Layface you are doing great in your marriage!!!!  You and your spouse must still have a real mutual attraction to each ohter!

5. 0
    Sterlingsilvermanposted 6 years ago

I think it is just daily stresses of life, especially married life. Did you pay that bill? Are we going to this place, or that? In our marriage we have so many plans and commitments, that it gets in our way...

6. dawnM profile image83
    dawnMposted 6 years ago

yes but that is part of working on the marriage, and just letting go of the day to day stresses with your spouse, especially with sexual release

1. alternate poet profile image78
      alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To be honest I think you are on the wrong tack.  Sex is the natural way to share the emotion of love physically.  If you think about it in terms of one of the things to do in a marriage and as sexual release - you will never get to understand what it is really about.  The things you mention are relevant in some ways but if you look at sex from that angle it prevents you seeing it properly.

Only my opinion after 45 years of sex in all its forms from the juvenile excitement at age 15 through teh good first half of a marriage then through the bad half of a marriage, many short relationships and now with steady partner half my age who is finally teaching me how to 'do' relationships and how to approach life together.

7. dawnM profile image83
    dawnMposted 6 years ago

Ya ya, of course but haven't you heard of a quickie alternate poet?....lol

8. 0
    Rookie70posted 6 years ago

Although intimacy is very important, when it comes to the concept of marriage, sex is only a small part of the big picture. It is not at the top of priority list, and if it is, then something is wrong. The desire to raise my children up in the way that they should go is also important.  Also, the welfare and happiness of my family is more important. When it comes to the relationship between me and my spouse, that is something special, and is set apart from other things, very private, which means that it is a gift and a mystery. Children are also a gift.

9. dawnM profile image83
    dawnMposted 6 years ago

Well sex is a small part of marriage when you are having it, but it becomes a huge part of marriage when your not having it.  so yes I would agree that if regular intimacy is a part of the marriage then the focus can be on the bigger parts such as the children.  Thus if the making love is in check and both husband and wife are happy then it becomes nothing much to debate about or even think about.