jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hard choice stay in dream university or move ou with my boyfriend

1. 59
    ANDREA122posted 6 years ago

Hi, I have one year with my boyfriend he is 27 and I'm 19, our relationship has been really complicated.
    When we met he would go everyday to my house with a salad (my favorite meal) and without asking me if he could go.There was not a day that we were not together, we even went clubbing together, we cooked for each other(he even fed me), both families knew about our relatinship, and both of us stopped talking to our so called "friends" whom were always in the drug and alchool scene.I took care of him when he had high blood presure.He was always by my side when I had problems in the house.
    However, there was a problem his ex girlfriend would not stop calling him and when I met him he had in his banner "I love ..."
    . The girl would call him so much that I asked him to either changed his phone or to break up. he chaged his phone. the girl kept calling.
    Once I went to his job an one of his co-workers asked me "you are Justin's mom", I was like WHATS???
    I asked him about it and he said that he wasn't sure if he kid was his. (then I noticed that he started swearing for the kid).
    Now I knew why the girl kept calling, they had a kid. The girl was crazy she used to send him naked pictures and when he gave her the check for the baby she slapped him.
    I am studying at 6 hours away from his house, I have an schoolarship in my dream university. I go to he house really every weekend. recently I realized he was answering the girl messages kind of playing with her .
    he asked me to move out with him. I love him so much but Im scared.
    what should I do??

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

How is it a hard decision? You are young, in your own words you are at your dream university, you have a whole future ahead of you.
    While he is probably too old for you, he lies, he cheats (if he hasn't cheated on you, he cheated on his ex), he is economical with the truth - he didn't think to tell you he had a child.
    Stick with uni. Dump him.

1. alternate poet profile image75
      alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Listen to IzzyM - go with your future and stay at Uni - no contest.

3. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
    Lifeallstar1posted 6 years ago

This is a no brainer for anyone reading this...the advice is to NOT move in with him. You are only 19 years old (I'm 19 and living at school, as well) so stay at school and grow into an independent young woman. I think you will regret it if you move in with him. I'd be surprised if anyone thinks you should give up an important learning experience in your life to go move in with a guy with issues already. Hope you stay in school and good luck to you! smile

4. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

You'd be a fool to give this man another minute of your time. Use your brain, not your heart on this one.

5. 60
    scholarshipsformoposted 6 years ago

You should listen to your gut instincts on this one...your gut instincts will never lie to you