jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Ever miss being single?

1. 0
    arrowsparrowposted 6 years ago

I'll be honest I definitely miss some things about being single, specifically career wise, but giving up the freedom in that sense is worth it to me. What about you guys?

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Don't miss it at all. Nice to actually have someone there if you need a hug, or want someone to hold the baby or drive you somewhere... makes life easier.

3. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

God yes! I have been with the same partner for over 20 years, and being single would free me up for a lot of things. I could move if I wanted to without having to worry about my partner.

I certainly wouldn't have to worry about money, because I would only have to support myself, and can go without a lot of things. Not, to mention be able to go somewhere without someone questioning where I have been, or, what I have been doing.

I also enjoy meeting other people, and my partner would rather stay home 24/7. So, I would certainly go out a lot more if I was single. Also, not having to live every day wondering what might happen to my partner in the future, or, wondering what it would be like to be with someone else wouldn't be on my mind every minute of every day.

The only compforting thing is knowing that my partner will always be there when I get home. Some days are better than others. But, If I could go 20 or so years in the past, and have the chance to call it quits. I would have.

And, I think if I did. I would want to remain single.

I would also rid myself of having to put up with his drunken friend every week. That would be the best part of it all!

4. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Oh no, I do not miss it at all.. It is so wonderful to have someone to love, to talk, to argue with, to make peace with.. mmm .. so wonderful..I hate the times we have to be away..due to work or some reason..Being with the same person for so many years makes things more interesting.. just love being a couple!

5. izettl profile image92
    izettlposted 6 years ago

yes, but if I were to write a list of pors and cons to it, then marriage would still win over being single. Mainly I miss discovering and getting to know someone else; I feel like I know everything about my man and that can get boring. Having kids changes things and it is nice to have someone else to help raise them.