jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Romance vs Love

1. Lilybett profile image61
    Lilybettposted 6 years ago

I know I have experienced romance, I know I have fallen for people, they've swept me off my feet. But i'm still waiting for the one person that takes my breath away. That I not only love, but that loves me in return.
    Any thoughts on this? What does it feel like to be in love or are you just searching and enjoying the thrill of romance?
    My favorite author wrote about a silence between two people that represented them falling in love. Does this exist? Or is it all just fairy tales?

2. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

I love my husband, he loves me back. We are two imperfect people in a messed up world trying our best to hang on. We fight and dissagree and hurt each others feeligns. We make up and  move on and try harder. We laugh together and have many special memories. Sometimes he takes my breath away, I can not believe how lucky I am to have found this wonderful man...sometimes I just cant wait for him to go to work.

Of course love between two people exists, but its not anything like Cinderella.

3. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I believe that true love is a whole lot more about commitment than emotion, however, both play a part.  I love my husband greatly.  He is the only person I have ever met that I never wanted to live without.  He knows me better than anyone else I have ever met.  He cares more than anyone else I had ever met, and I had only known him for three months before I realized this was true. 

Romance can be fun, but it is fleeting.  I would settle for real love any day, over momentary romance.

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

I think both are hard to find. I like everybody but my bf because I no longer have romance for him anymore. I just want to be his friend.
    I never had real romance and real love, but I think I'm getting closer with every step I take..
    I finally experienced a real relationship and had real love
    so my next step is real romance and real love......wow...can't wait.....I'm breathlessly waiting!!! smile

5. 61
    Super_Divaposted 5 years ago

I wonder the same thing, I have has relationships here I have felt utterly loved by them and utterly in love back, but that always fades, I think there is no such thing as a happy ever after romance, nothing lasts forever