jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Any mix marriages here? Did her parents like you?

1. Ruben Rivera profile image78
    Ruben Riveraposted 6 years ago

I am Hispanic, my wife is Egyptian and they didn't like me in the beginning because they thought I would get her pregnant and leave her, typical stereotype lol.

Anyways I have been married to my wife for three years now and now they like me I think since we are still together and will always be, but those first few months of being engaged and marriage were a nightmare.

Any one had the same obstacles?

2. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Ruben, that is not fair, you are asking this question just to the men, you think women do not have such problems??  smile smile

1. Ruben Rivera profile image78
      Ruben Riveraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OOOPS sorry

Yeah I know there are some guys whose mother or both parents have to approve of the girlfriend.  Yeah I've known of some cases where the guy said "It will not work out, sorry but my mom doesn't like you"

1. sofs profile image85
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's betttah!! smile

My Mom in law decided not to acknowledge my existence.. for two years....after we were married ... Now she has to take my opinion on every thing  that she does.. almost like she seeks my approval...  fine turn of events.. don't you think.... but she is a fine woman who loves her only son to pieces!!!  smile

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...long time ago...a boyfriend asked me to convert to his religious beliefs...i didn't...we didn't marry...how's that...his family was in the way...but it didn't really matter; wasn't meant to happen....and i wouldn't do it anyway - now or then.....just me - you like it or you don't...as simple as that....

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Ha! My parents wouldn't even recognize my marriage for the first ten years or so. I'm of Irish descent, and my husband was of Irish and German descent. In their eyes, he was a mutt. I told them not to complain--at least he was Catholic! smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha...poor you!

working