men are bad at playing ping-pong

1. boyercollection profile image60
    boyercollectionposted 6 years ago

we don't "hit back" with the truth of who we decide who were are as men. we allow society, women, and other men make those decisions for us. we buy into the lies that box us into what is called or not called "men". and we box other men into boxes with us. we never score. it's like playing ping-pong or table tennis (as it is called sometimes). our opponents serve us the ball by saying something like "men don't wear pink", "men don't cry", or "men are macho". we miss our serve and loose a point when we don't hit the ball back with "my manhood is not based on the color of clothes i wear", "crying makes me more of man when it shows i am not controlled by what others think", or "i can show machoism and be sensitive when needed". we win the game when we don't play at all!

1. Judy Schmoetzer profile image60
      Judy Schmoetzerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe the same holds true for women.  Women allow society, men and other women decide what it means to be a woman.  We are supposed to wear a certain size of clothing, act a certain way, be a certain way.  People who step out of the box are ridiculed and ostracized.  I am vicious, literally and figuratively,  at ping pong.