jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Are "men" and "women" equal?

1. Randy Simonato profile image58
    Randy Simonatoposted 6 years ago

If this doesn't raise a brow I'm not sure what will.  I find that both sexes have far too many qualities that the opposite can not match but in the long run I do think they are equal...what's your views

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

No brows raised here.
    Men are superior in some ways, women in others. Women are inferior in some areas and men in others... and there are variations across the board.
    What are you really asking?

3. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

We are soooooooooooooo much better!!!! roll

1. Froggy213 profile image36
      Froggy213posted 6 years ago in reply to this

At Washing dishes--LOL

1. 0
        klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh Froggy! What have you done?! You tried to repair that harley and left out a few screws! MOVE ASIDE!!! Let me get it fixed!!! You obviously don't know!

Boys??? One quick question - Which head do men think with again????? lol

1. 0
          ralwusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends on who is around me Klara darling. And I am a skeered of spiders Habee.

4. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

Men and women throughout history from a purely anthrological point of view have had differing roles and to say we are equal or not equal is a misleading statement, men and women will never be true equals because we are not the same.

Just look at what happens when you get two teams together on a task such as displayed on Apprentice or Hells Kitchen, the men straight away choose a leader and everyone has a defined role, women on the other hand tend to talk endlessly about what they are doing and start backbiting because there is no one to take a leaders role and make a decision; everyone instead is making it, it is only when they choose a strong leader they start to move forward, and it is only when men start talking that they win.

It is why Chef Ramsay keeps yelling at both teams to have a leader and START COMMUNICATING!!!

Men excel at doing whereas women excel at communicating but they need to have both skills...

Imagine a king, if he blindly went off according to his own whims without listening to his advisors and counsel he would find a knife decorating his back pretty soon, imagine a queen who couldn't keep her court in check and allowed them to run amok and was not strong...she would find out that she has signed away half her country to someone who spoke loudly.

There are aspects each need that the other possesses and it is only the woman, or man that has both that is equal.

When a woman is strong in her own right then she is equal, when a man is strong with his ability to talk then he is equal...without those two qualities between the compared parties the discussion is a waste of time.

5. 666divine profile image71
    666divineposted 6 years ago

We all know there's no such think as equality. smile

6. 0
    MountnDewposted 6 years ago

Equal in what regard,abilities?intelligence?doing laundry?

7. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The only requirement for "man" and "woman" to be measured as equals is in the fact that they are both humans.

They both deserve the same respect as the other.
    They both deserve the same rights as the other.

Neither is better than the other, because the potential is the same.

8. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Women are superior, except as mechanics. I know who butters my bread. wink

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is that what we're calling it these days?  *wink*

1. 0
        ralwusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Haha Yes. and I know when to quit.

2. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you Charlie! Women live longer, commit far fewer crimes, are less violent, and express themselves better. Fewer female infants die than male infants, also.

Okay, I'll admit that men are better at yard work, home repairs, and anything electrical or mechanical. They're also valuable as bug killers! lol

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
        Rajab Nsubugaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I love the 'bug' thing!

1. habee profile image91
          habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hate bugs! I have to handle the spiders, though - hubby is scared of them!

9. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

How about this...

Men and women are technically equal, always have been just hasn't always been recognized.

It's just...

women are better wink ahem, I know I am.

Just kidding!!  Nobody hate me out there ! tongue

10. spookyfox profile image80
    spookyfoxposted 6 years ago

No, luckily smile