Do you think the cheating person is being honest with anyone involved?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Cordelia Bay profile image61
    Cordelia Bayposted 13 years ago

posted by Cordelia Bay

1. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
      Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

he's a cheater but he can be totally honest with somebody.. smile I'm sure about that

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Do you think the cheating person is being honest with anyone involved?

How can a cheater be honest? roll

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 13 years ago

Of course not, it's a game to them, whether it may be to stoke their ego or feel important.  So by all means who ever else involved is going to get whatever they make them believe or tell them......Go figure!

1. profile image0
      reeltaulkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The person may be honest.  But you will get honesty when you least expect it or at an awkward moment (said out of no where due to guilt)

4. b. Malin profile image68
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

No, because he, or she had to be lying to  everyone involved...About WHO, WHAT, WHEN AND WHERE!

5. Catering101 profile image60
    Catering101posted 13 years ago

The cheater may be honest to someone if he/she may become guilty at some point or if they get caught. The thing is, with their ability to have sneaked behind someone's back lowers their credibility. So it would be difficult to believe if they had told you everything you wanted to know.

-------
    Check me Out! wink

1. benong4788 profile image60
      benong4788posted 13 years agoin reply to this

that is true

6. dosborne08 profile image66
    dosborne08posted 13 years ago

Unfortunately, the reason that most cheaters are able to get away with it for so long is because they are able to be honest with the lover in many cases. 

This can go on for sometime until the lover gets strong enough feelings in which they start to demand more. Then the cheater is forced to lie to them as well.  But while it remains strictly physical, the cheater usually tells the lover the truth. By telling the lover the truth, the cheater sets the boundries so that the lover knows not to cross it.

Now ofcourse, the cheater tells their partner all sorts of lies to cover their tracks.

Either way, the entire situation is a disaster waiting to happen!

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image77
      mypleasurefantasyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to completely with this statement. The reason why they go on so long is due to the honesty with the lover and not with the partner. The reason why normally the lover, tries to get the person to leave the spouse

Like always, it ends pretty epically, and not in a good way.

2. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a cheater, and my partner knows full well that I am doing it. He also cheats, but in his case it is usually with the same person, and usually in the house while I am sleeping! it's irritating to get up to go to the bathroom to see them going at it in the kitchen. But, with them it happens so often, I have decided to care less.

I think there are various levels of cheating, and in our relationship it has always been a don't ask don't tell thing. But, it sure is really annoying to have them doing it when I am right there. I would never bring another person into our home for sex. I never have, and never will. But, boy, I sure want to! But, not while he is home...he never leaves the house!

So, for anyone reading this who is wondering if their partner is cheating, talk to them about it. But, talk to then in a non accusing way. I call it the "what if" talk. This is of course for people who are not already married.
      If you are married, you should seek advice from someone else, like a therapist. That way you are not the accuser. Doing it yourself always make you look like the bad guy.

But, I think people are less uptight about cheating these days, and are more likely to want to talk about it, then just ignore it all together like people did a few decades ago.

My partner and I have been together for over 20 years. I don't think there isn't anything that we don't already know about each other. yes, it's very boring! We are like an old  bitter married couple now.

3. Angel709 profile image60
      Angel709posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In reply to dosborne08 and mypleasurefantasy. I understand what you mean about being honest with the lover but not the spouse. However, it's not 100% honesty. They may say they are involved with another person or married--which makes some people feel "special" because of this openness, but rarely do the cheater paint the full picture which is true honesty. They skew it to look like the victim. Cheaters lie to themselves and are not honesty about what they are doing and their selfishness.  My philosophy are lies/honesty...a person lies to themselves before they utter it to another.  The same goes for honesty--it starts with self.

7. neajoy profile image60
    neajoyposted 13 years ago

Most cheaters are manipulators, so they aren't fully honest with anyone. Even if the other party knows that the cheater is cheating on someone, it's unlikely that they know the full details of how manipulative the person is. Usually the person doing the cheating tells lies about why they do it, how they feel about the person they're cheating on, etc... In fact, most cheaters even lie to themselves.

8. PerfectJumpOff profile image58
    PerfectJumpOffposted 13 years ago

Yes,the cheaters being honest with themself.

Making sure their getting what they want. It is,what it is.....
    SEX!

I was once told by a friend,there is no future with a married man.If he'll cheat on his wife,he'll cheat on you.

Don't play the fool,deal with the real!

1. Angela Nielsen profile image59
      Angela Nielsenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cheater Is A Liar!!!! Liar Is A cheater that is..... Even we turn the world upside down cheater is always a liar....

9. lulu3636 profile image61
    lulu3636posted 13 years ago

I am just going through a seperation from a serial offender.  At the moment I think he has about 3 or 4 on the go.  He spends most of his time emailing and smsing and I can tell you.  HE LIES TO EVERYONE - me, his family, the other women, and HIMSELF. it's all about ego. Someone just has to wink at him and he's a gonner.

SO YES THEY LIE, they are deceiptful, cunning and manipulative.

I had to get out, not so easy to do when you're in your 50's. Picking yourself up and dusting yourself off is no joy ride. I have cried, yelled, driven my daughters and friends mad but hopefully coming out the other side soon.

10. xxscord profile image60
    xxscordposted 13 years ago

they lie to everyone even them selves

11. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 13 years ago

Often times the "other man/other woman" is aware they are seeing someone who is married or attached. This is especially true when the affair happens in the work place or between good friends.

By it's very nature though cheating is lying.
    If everything were out in the open it wouldn't be called cheating.
    For example couples who have open marriages or participate in swapping would not consider having sex with others cheating because they have discussed it.

Cheating is practicing deception,lying directly or by omission knowing full well your mate would feel betrayed if they knew the truth.

12. mdlawyer profile image43
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Cheating is part of a person's individuality. It is something of his/her ethics, honesty, integrity, etc.  Also, it may be reciprocal.  If one partner is a cheat, naturally the other partner also may tend to be one.

13. Y. Kajitaka profile image60
    Y. Kajitakaposted 13 years ago

Highly doubt it.  If the person he's cheating with knows he has a significant other, why are they allowing themselves to fall into a painful trap?  Kind of... counter-productive, if I do say so myself.  T_T;

(Then again, my first and only love to day had a girlfriend, so I probably don't count.  I'm glad he was loyal to her even if I loved him too.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)