jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Men who try and pick up women with difficult intent

1. salt profile image64
    saltposted 5 years ago

Does anyone know any of the tricks a male who is trying to mistreat a female uses?

Pick up lines,

Bad behavoir tricks and

ways of making women think one thing when they are doing or being the opposite.

2. ilmdamaily profile image92
    ilmdamailyposted 5 years ago

There is an entire movement...no wait, that word is too noble...."cult" is more like it, of the "pick up artist".

Google it, you'll see what I mean. Was doing some keyword research this morning and came across it all.

It's an entire community of men who are devoted to "the game" - picking up women using a series of(often amazingly complicated) tactics, strategies and "tricks" to manipulate their way into the lives (pants?) of their quarry.

I'm all for casual sex, but the implicit assumptions that this community propagates - both about women and the world in general - kind of nauseate me.

Personally, I can't stand the guys that buy into this stuff, or the people that create it.

My biggest criticism of it is that it dehumanises women - or the people who are the object of it - by simplifying them into some sort of device or object that can be hacked, tricked, or otherwise fooled in to "giving in."   

What the hell happened to just being yourself - being nice, putting yourself out there and being confident in who you are?

Women are human beings for f*cks sake...I don't get why this stuff is popular, or the mindset of people who buy into it. If you want to connect with others, then how about being honest, open and putting yourself out there...there's no secret code or technique that's going to get you into the lost temple, indiana jones style.

So, to answer your question: yes, there are "tricks" - i've seen people do them, and in a fair wold, they wouldn't work. Unfortuntely though, sometimes being able to detect insecurity in the mind of another is enough to do the job. 

But no, it shouldn't be that way.

1. salt profile image64
      saltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

the lost temple, so obvious, yet Ive never heard that one!

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Predatory men can find women easily and once heard that anti-social socio-paths are brilliant at manipulation. neutral

4. salt profile image64
    saltposted 5 years ago

thanks appreciate your comments and would love more insights if anyone has any!!