jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Safe Sex

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image84
    mypleasurefantasyposted 6 years ago

Why is it now-a-days that safe sex is only about condoms, pregnancy and STDs? Why is it frowned upon to also talk about the female anatomy (outside of the book) like the G-spot, what it is exactly, and that masturbation is okay in small quantities...all day everyday...not so much but a couple times a week isn't all that bad. Why is sex education now put into scare tactic instead of exploration and finite curiosity? I ask all of this because I read through a high school anatomy book recently and it was amazing to me just how much is left out.

1. Rafini profile image85
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

nowadays?  condoms, pregnancy, and STD's, along with menstruation & erections, is what I learned in sex education a LONG time ago!  Found out about the G-spot when I was around 30 & divorced. hmm

so really, my question is, when has sex education ever been anything different?  It's about prevention, not a scare tactic, and I honestly can't imagine parents accepting the school system teaching their kids to explore sexual curiosities!  That sounds to me like saying, "Go ahead, have sex, sex never hurt anyone."  Certainly not what any teenager needs to hear.  Sex at too young an age isn't healthy, especially if it results in pregnancy.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image73
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

people prob think by hiding some of sex from young people in school will keep them from having sex, i don't know, but I think it works w/ some and not others.

Personally (nothing to do w/ you) I've had enough sex for awhile in these forums !! lol

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image84
      mypleasurefantasyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can understand, there are a ton of sex forums. I read through quite a lot, but mine was out of complete curiosity. smile

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image73
        schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm I don't know why , that may be a good point to avoid pregnancy to encourage masturbation, is what you meant right?
        hmm I think kids are eager to experiment on other kids

3. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 6 years ago

I do not know the answer, but I think it is useful foster a good culture of sex, both on the practical aspects, and therefore also on the risks and on anatomy, and on those emotional. Too often we are unprepared and we arrive to live the first sexual experiences, very important in our life,  without the right emotional tension

working