jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Is there a soul mate?

1. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 5 years ago

I am been, and I am, in love .
    The people I loved gave me and I received from them, much. But I do not believe in love forever. In other words, I do not believe in the soul mate. In love yes, I strongly believe. And it is not a contradiction!
    I would to know your thought

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The concept of soul mate or twin soul is interesting.  I do believe that when love is true, love for its own sake which is giving, is forever.  The face of love may change but love itself never does.  The soul mate or twin soul is possible - one who feels and thinks as you do on many, many levels -  but difficult to find.

2. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 5 years ago

Everyone's opinion of a soul mate is relative. I honor that! My soul mate would be a person with whom I may be honest and not fear their rejection. The individual is naturally attracted to me just because I am me.  Not to give you a laundry list of my soul mate I will also say, I look forward to being with the individual and the individual feels the same as I've mentioned in this reply. That person helps complete me. Soul mates do exist.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Fucsia... here are the many interesting discussions on soul mates..

1. fucsia profile image61
      fucsiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Soft.... I am going to visit these pages!

4. Jaggedfrost profile image86
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

To have a soul mate is to know that it isn't necessarily better then a traditional relationship.  In some ways it is harder.  It often comes with baggage on either side that must just be lived with and dealt with because it seems like there is no other alternative.  True, that sensation is an illusion but the compulsion you feel for being with the other person makes that illusion very palpable and compelling.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I totally believe I'm married to my soul mate! A huge number of coincidents had to occur for us to even be together. I truly think we were meant to be!

6. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

I Believe....
    I Believe... I have found added bounce in my step since I fell in love with those sneakers with air soles mate! hmm

7. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for the answers. I am very pleased to read in all a lot of love!
    Hubpages is a great place to share ideas!

8. DellNixon profile image64
    DellNixonposted 5 years ago

Perhaps for a selected few. Definitely not for everyone