jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Showing Mutual Appreciation

1. TammyHammett profile image60
    TammyHammettposted 5 years ago

Feeling appreciated by your significant other/family is very important. Being a stay at home mom, I don't have a paycheck enhancing my worth or a boss giving me pats on the back for the fantastic job I did on that project. I cook, clean, take care of the household items, and hopefully help mold my three adorable children into loving, respectful individuals in society. These are my rewards, however intangible they may be at times. It can put you in a slump every once in a while when the kids are arguing and destroying the wonderfully clean house I spent hours on today, or turning their nose up at the meal I spent an hour cooking. Not to mention, when your husband comes home and it appears as if you didn't do a darn thing all day. Calgon!!!! Appreciate the little things and they will turn into much greater rewards. How do you show your appreciation?

1. banzaradiwana profile image60
      banzaradiwanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HI, you are too good a person smile I make noises.I sometimes act hot & cold &i definitely ensure that NOBODY can take me for granted ...yes, including my  family whom I would never want to change for anything in this world!!! Be happy & make noises for a start.Warm wishes for being a "fantastic" homemaker.

2. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 5 years ago

I show my appreciation by not taking people for granted. Saying 'thank you' are two v big words that go a long way smile

3. 60
    emotionalchickposted 5 years ago

I've started to realise this, as I am a bit culprit! The one thing I cannot do is say thank you to my partner.  Which is one of the reasons why we are on the verge of breaking up. 

He's mentioned it numerous times, but it's quite uncomfortable when I do it, as I have never said thank you to any of my partners before.  Growing up, my parents never said thank you, but they would always say good things to others about me.  I can see that now, and only try to make an effort where I can so that others around me don't go through the same thing I went through when I was younger.

1. Ashantina profile image61
      Ashantinaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm happy to hear that you are breaking the cycle. Keep going...
      Stay Blessed smile