jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

1. curvy diva profile image61
    curvy divaposted 5 years ago

hey peeps was just wondering what is the different between someone that needs love and someone that wants love? is it a bad thing to need love so much? do u end up choosing or going for the wrong person if you are in need of love?

1. andycool profile image72
      andycoolposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Everybody needs some love in life I think. But if you want love you may end up choosing a wrong person... so let love come to you. Open your eyes and ears and wait for your time. There must be someone only for you!

2. lifeinprime profile image80
      lifeinprimeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Curvy Diva, be very careful about needing love.  It can be dangerous.  I use to be so needy of love that I got myself into trouble in the past: I fell in love with the wrong women.  One woman was married (dumb on my part), another woman was a stalker (made my life a nightmare), and another, whom I married, was verbally and physically abusive.  (Yes, men--no matter how tall or strong we are--can be victims of abuse).

Andycool is right--let love come to you.  Take your time to discover this person before you fall in love.  Ask yourself: Does this person have all the qualities I desire in a relationship? Am I in a pattern of falling in love with the same type of person that is not right for me?  Better yet, take out of a sheet of paper and list the qualities you seek in a person.  Does this person meet all of these qualities--or most (as none of us are perfect)?

I did this and, for the first time in my life, found a wonderful woman with whom to share life.  Good luck and may you receive the happiness you richly deserve!

3. JoyMoore13 profile image60
      JoyMoore13posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe love is a option, because i am loved by my family, i've had love from relationships, but they didn't last long so did i fall out of love? Or did love fall out of love with me? Anyways Love is a addiction for some people they feel they gotta have that fix! Some people get old and been in love for forty years but their love has passed and they die alone and unloved. So i'm really confused on that subject, being single 36 and never married! I wonder will i ever find Real Love again or is it there the whole time?

2. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 5 years ago

We all need love. Love is life!
    But we must  be careful: we need love or something else?
    If we are looking for love outside ourselves we can not find it:  is within us.
    There is, just look for it, find it and live it in everything we already have: life!

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

When we need love, we need to get it from family friends and other people.
    Sometimes we do need love from a lover
    but we won't get it we're too eager or willing.
    To satify the need for love, we need to (hard I know but really think about this) love our selves and friends/family. If our friends and family give us alot of support and love (and if they don't find new ones! You deserve that.) then we will feel much better.
    Also for loving yourself, well.....that's a long story.
    Are you codependent?

Wanting love...most people do I think.

1. banzaradiwana profile image59
      banzaradiwanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"need" tantamount to something necessary.Is it  being lonely.... without family,friends,a pet or even a lack of permanency like not  being at home?

4. Tusitala Tom profile image89
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

It seems that the need to be loved is universal.  If we feel that we're not loved we're generally in for a pretty rocky road.  The first requirement is, of course, as Louise L Hay has put it along with so many others, we FIRST HAVE TO LOVE OUR SELF.   Once that's accomplished, the need to be loved drops away in favour of our wishes to bring our love to others.