jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Attraction: Inside or out?

1. Matthew Rogerson profile image61
    Matthew Rogersonposted 5 years ago

Do you think it is possible to be attracted to somebody PURELY for what kind of a person they are on the inside and completely disregard what is on the outside? OR even if you do heavily focus on the kind of person someone is, does an element of their looks also count? (even if only a tiny bit)

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
      TheRaptorClawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you can ba attracted to somebody for what kind of person they are on the inside and completely disregard what is on the outside. There are people who look good but are jerks, and there are people who look not so good but are sweet and caring.

2. 0
      Jake Gene Barnesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe that, in order for a romantic relationship to work, you have to find the person physically appealing. They don't have to be the hottest thing on the planet (that goes without saying), but they do need to be able to... ahem... generate arousal.

Unless you want a sexless relationship.

2. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

I agree with what The RaptorClaw said.

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 5 years ago

I think many friendships are based on an attraction that is purely based on what kind of someone is.  Physical attraction is not needed for friendship.

For romantic relationships, I do believe that some physical attraction is required.  I really don't think any one with their head on straight would choose to get into a romantic relationship were there was no physical attraction.

4. b. Malin profile image59
    b. Malinposted 5 years ago

I have to agree with you...I will add, we go for certain types...some say we marry or date our mothers or fathers...god, I hope not!  I'm referring to looks and personalities.

5. Zaiden Jace profile image77
    Zaiden Jaceposted 5 years ago

I think that without ever seeing the person you can be attracted to the person. Looks are important to everyone to a certain degree though. If you fall in love with a person before you see them it's not like you can fall out of love with them for being ugly.

6. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I don't know how much of attraction is based on the physical.  I actually think it's more of a chemical thing between two people.

7. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Those darn hormones... yikes

8. Milla Mahno profile image57
    Milla Mahnoposted 5 years ago

IDK, I am attractive inside AND out tongue

9. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 5 years ago

I honestly think it's a mixture of both.