My Boyfriend's 14 years-old Daughter

1. alenushka profile image59
    alenushkaposted 5 years ago

We started to date almost 3 years ago, and now we are living together almost for 2 years. He has a daughter (14) and a son(10) from his first marriage. I have my 19 years old son who lives with us. At the beginning everything was good, i was trying to be friends with his kids when they were visiting us,couple of times went for shopping with his girl (couldn;t do more, because she was expecting me to buy for her expensive stuff, which i could,'t afford, and about normal. affordable things, she was making face and showing attitude). I was trying to show her smth in the kitchen, how to cook, because obviously her mother didn't put any efforts in that direction, the girl couldn't even normally cut bread. She was resistant about even showing up in the kitche, waiting for me to cook and to bring food for her... never washing dishes after herself...Later it started to get worse..She stopped talking to me... if she needs smth she asks her father and then he asks me... she never said "Happy Birthday, or Happy New year"... now she stopped coming once in 2 weeks (his time to see kids) to our place... with the boy - everything is opposite... i think we could be friends... we can talk, fool around... in one word - everything is ok with him...I am really concerned about this situation... because she stopped talking to her father too...I feel humiliated, it is very painfull for me... every second weekend when they are at my place... i feel like i have panic attack... trying to be quiete and not to interfere in their conversations or them spending time together.. But i care about him, i love him and if everything is ok we are going to stay together.. Maybe smb had the same experience...I really appreciate any comments or opinions in this situation

2. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

Sounds to me like you need to set boundaries with the daughter - it's not your job to buy her expensive things or to wait on her hand and foot.  Talk with your boyfriend and make sure the two of you are on the same page about it - before making changes with his daughter.