jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. 62
    Bperry11posted 5 years ago via iphone

You've been in a steady relationship for quite sometime, and everything is going great. Suddenly your significant other looses his job. You assure him that he will find a job and everything will be ok. Well now it seems that he has grown a little to comfortable receiving unemployment checks. Although he says he wants better he shows no effort. Your social events have been downsized, because now you have to foot the bill. What do you do now? You love him but, you are getting tired of paying. After all love doesn't pay the bills right?

1. vox vocis profile image91
      vox vocisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Talk to him and explain how you feel. If your love is for real, he will understand.  In the end, both people in a relationship or marriage ought to work if they mean to accomplish something, right?

2. Stump Parrish profile image59
      Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need to sit down and have an honest conversation with the guy. Explain your concerns and find out what his plans are. If the two of you cant communicate, your wasting each others time and already hurting one another. Dont do that, nothing good, ever, comes from it.

Please note that I am terrible at relationships and you should take what I say with a grain of salt, Whatever that means.

2. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

Give him a kick on his backside to go and get a job!! Lol

3. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 5 years ago

I don't know! I think it depends on how long he has worked to support you, and now you don't feel like supporting him?

So, how long has he worked, and how long has he been off work? Maybe you are being a bit too pushy? I don't honestly know... just seems a bit odd to me!

I think it should be when one needs to lean, you hold them up...vise versa! I really don't know your entire situation! Most people give "one sided" views! Has there been a time in the past where you didn't work and he supported you? I guess I try to see other people's sides to anything!

I know it's tough to get a job right now. Maybe he tried and tried and is taking a small break, then will get back at it! Who knows! I know a lot of people are looking and it's really hard!

I think maybe you are being a little tough on him! Is it possible that he tried and tried and maybe he's dis-hearted? Why don't you try talking to him about it!!! Communication is important! Find out what is going on with him! And try to be more understanding!