jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

1. perfectperception profile image59
    perfectperceptionposted 5 years ago

Would you continue your relationship after your mate has hit you?

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope. Abuse, whether phisical or mental, is not tolerated. Instant breakup or divorce in my book.

1. Abbasangel profile image83
        Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What Paul said.

It becomes part of the relationship -- unless there is some very good biological reason, like an annurism that is cleared by a Doctor, that it won't continue to happen --

Leave -- you cannot change anyone and if they have issues that cause them to be violent they should do that on their own, not around a family environment.

2. 60
    sd98posted 5 years ago

Speaking from experience the first time you believe the excuses,then the second, third,etc,etc. Sadly no matter how much you or even maybe your partner want to believe it will never happen again odds are it will. I found the more I tolerated it, it was like I made it easier for him. Saying it was forgivable the first time sent a signal that it was ok. It got worse much worse in many different ways. I think maybe because the respect was lost. He showed he didn't respect me and well I showed I didn't respect myself. I have been out of the relationship for six months now so it is easier for me to look back and see just how abusive he was and continues to be. I also know when you are in the relationship it is much harder to see things clearly. It is sometimes easier to say its ok, then to give up everything. I can tell you from experience it is a long hard road ahead, but through all my stuggles there is one thing I know...he will never hit me again! Good luck to you.