Why do bitchy women get "the Guy" over nice girls?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (60 posts)
  1. LadyTwizzelton profile image61
    LadyTwizzeltonposted 13 years ago

There are so many beautiful girls who are single especially in the big city of Los Angeles. My friends are models, actors and rich and yet they are single. My friends and I all noticed we are called the sweet girls and we always notice the girl with the guy is more aloof, indifferent and "bitchy" to the guy. Why is that?
    Why do guys appear to be dating this bitchy girl over the nice girl. Please tell us single girls who are sweet, cute, sexy, smart and in shape!!!

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Could it be because you're all liberals? Just sayin... LOL

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's just the root of all problems and unhappiness, liberalism! lol roll

2. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I dated, married and end up divorcing a
        bitchy girl. I won't wast my time with them and will take a nice girl any time!

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm too bitcy right now, will get back to ya.

lol

3. jobister profile image61
      jobisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you know the guy is not a complete douche?

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

maybe because you love and believe in yourself so much??

men want to be challenged - they like them who fights and challenged them anywhere including in the b*droom??

Men doesn't want women who just say, YES LOVE, what love..??

Same attract same..

5. profile image52
      My Beautiful Boyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your question reeks of insecurity... you talk about your friends being 'models, actors and rich'... but is that all they have to offer?? How about intelligence, self-confidence and other less superficial qualities??

6. BREBRESAYZ profile image58
      BREBRESAYZposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I THINK THAT BITCHY WOMEN GET THE GUY BCZ TO ME....SOME MEN ARE ATTRACTED TO WOMEN WHO WILL TREAT THEM THE WAY THAT THEY TREAT OTHER WOMEN AND IF THE MAN DOESNT FEEL LIKE U CAN HOLD UR OWN OR UR A WEAK MINDED WOMAN THEN THEY WILL TREAT U AS SUCH.....BUT WHEN THEY FIND A WOMAN WHO IS JUST AS PUSHY AS THEY ARE THATS WHEN THEY BITCH UP AND BOW DOWN BCUZ  THEY FIGURE I NEVER HAD A WOMAN LIKE THIS B4......ON ANOTHER NOTE HE MIGHT B A GOOD MAN TO U BCUZ HE IS BN TREATED SO BADLY BUT U NEVER KNW HOW THAT MAN HAS TREATED PAST GF!!!!!......realbizz88

7. TimeHealsAll profile image60
      TimeHealsAllposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Guys who are interested in one thing don't like brains, they want body. If a guy wants more than sex he likes intelligence. Some guys like to play games so they find a girl who plays games too which makes the challange more fun and exciting. Guys like challenges and excitement. These guys are usually loud, arrigant and boastful. The quiet ones are a better pick. If a guy can't admire you for who you are, they aren't worth it because you will always be looking over your shoulder.

8. RetailPrincess profile image60
      RetailPrincessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, in my opinion maybe you gals don't know how to show a guy you're interested. Perhaps they are intimidated by your beauty and you need to smile a bit and chat to reassure them you don't bite. Most guys will reach for the apple that's easiest to get at the bottom of the tree, but they know they have to work for the good fruit at the top. I became more friendly and sweet, and talked to people more, and I got asked out all the time, still do. :-)

9. perfectperception profile image60
      perfectperceptionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some men really like women with attitude. However, no one person is ALL bad so she has to have something else she's offering besides the attitude.

10. rcrm89 profile image64
      rcrm89posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Men in general would much rather date nice, sweet girls than bitchy, unpleasant girls all other factors equal.

Physical attraction comfortably trumps personality for men (I would say >90% of male to female attraction is physical) - that is how nature has made our attraction mechanism - women's attraction mechanism is different, which seems to cause a lot of misunderstanding.

The vast majority of men if not all, would rather date a physically attractive women with a bitchy personality (i.e Megan Fox) than a physically unattractive women with a gentle personality.

Men don't really care about your wealth or status in that it doesn't make us more attracted to women - in fact, if you are woman that is wealthy and high status, it will narrow your dating pool as women are by nature hypergamous and want to 'date up' (most men are at least subconsciously aware of this).

Often women will act bitchy/aloof do so because they are very attractive to men and have to deal with a lot of guys approaching them and asking them out, so they put up a bitch shield to 'test' (sort the wheat from the chaff) which men have the social smarts, power and charisma to break through their 'bitch shields' and win their attraction.

11. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

the challenge, maybe?  who knows

2. Michael Durden profile image70
    Michael Durdenposted 13 years ago

That's a generalization. Many men prefer women who are nice to them. At the same time, there is some truth to the notion that people want what they can't have, or what is hard to have.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...cuz their momma was like that?...don't know...wouldn't worry about it...wouldn't want to date a man that starts out with someone who is nasty to them...no backbone there...and not thinkin' with the big head maybe.....

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Some people just crave abuse.  My best friend's brother is married to a woman who's own family warned him not to marry her because she was such a bitch.  He's intelligent, articulate, and attractive and could have had just about any girl he wanted.  He went for the bitch. It's probably very similar to girls who go for the thrill and excitement of the "bad boy" types.

5. profile image0
    ssaulposted 13 years ago

most guys like to be handle in a naughty way, and bad girls bring that to the table. Some guys get turned on by the sight of naughtiness.

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Yeah!

6. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

same reason that men who are a$$es get the women... they present a challenge and are not pushovers

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

maybe because they're just a guy instead of a man. the same people play games, they're not into real relationships based on love and respect.

8. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

the bitchy girls most likely don't respect the guys, and probably don't receive respect in return, either.  I'd search out different guys who're real men and know how to respect a woman.

9. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

It's the law of leverage. May be not leverage, something else. "Nice" guys never go with "nice" girls. You never need somebody who is "boring" like you. Not much fun in it. Even if you will suffer later, it is how it works in life. Generally, not 100%.

10. hoodieweather profile image59
    hoodieweatherposted 13 years ago

Some guys like the thrill of getting knocked around by the woman. I agree with what the Greek One posted.

11. Terri Meredith profile image68
    Terri Meredithposted 13 years ago

Here's a thought:  maybe the girl isn't normally the bitchy sort.  Maybe the cute, hot, sexy, seems so nice guy isn't really what he appears to be.  And just maybe, she's had enough of his crap and doesn't care if he stays or goes, or maybe........she hoping with enough pushing, he'll go quickly without anymore pain.

Just a thought.................

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With you Terri, get to the bottom of the bitching and you'll find a bloke who squeezes the top of the tooth paste.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol  lol

2. Terri Meredith profile image68
        Terri Meredithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't you just hate that?!  Makes me want to shave my legs with his razor.

2. Bronson_Hub profile image59
      Bronson_Hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL smile

12. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

My question is "why do bitchy women get the promotion"...

1. Bronson_Hub profile image59
      Bronson_Hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Saying no is not an option, clearly.

13. SuperGal profile image60
    SuperGalposted 13 years ago

Can't be as simple as that.  It may seem like all the "bitchy," mean girls are getting the guys, but things are always deeper.  Just focus on yourself.  Work on yourself and improving yourself.  If you are everything you say you are, you shouldn't have a problem finding a significant other.

14. renegadetory profile image62
    renegadetoryposted 13 years ago

It may have something to do with confidence.  Men are not attracted to women who seem desperate for a boyfriend, or act bitter because guys like other women instead of them.

Do your own thing and don't worry about whether guys are dating "bitchy" women or not, it just makes you sound bitter.  You wouldn't want any of those guys for a boyfriend anyways who weren't interested in a woman who is kind and caring.

15. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

Dogs getting attracted to bitches is natural!

1. Right On Time profile image61
      Right On Timeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so true

16. Right On Time profile image61
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

Um...how to put this...the "bitches" sound rather easy, factor this in to the guys being attracted to them. Maybe they know you & your friends are too good and prefer girls with low standards.

17. profile image49
    aalina387posted 13 years ago

I think its root of all problems.I think boys really attract that type of girls they want only fun.

18. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

OK I'm going to ask a silly question, but is this a Californian point of view?
    A 'bitchy' type of gal wouldn't be dating and would last less than 5 minutes in Australia (mind you there are exceptions)

19. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

I dated a fantastic girl who was so"get along"sweet that I wished someone would open a restaurant named"I don't care" so I'd know where to take her.Every time I asked her where she wanted to go>I don't care< was her reply.I also dated a women who wanted to pay Me back for what her EX had done to her[bitchy]as well.Neither extreme is atractive.A secure man wants a women with a little fire in her at times but Not to the extreme!My current[and possibly perminent]Lady is fire and water and she knows which to use when.We argued the other day and she finaly grabed my shirt[shes a tiny thing]and said"I Love you but I'll Kick your Ass if I have to".Now that is a Real women!

1. know one profile image60
      know oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good one! I think "real" is the operative word for a lasting relationship. Better to present your true nature than a front. I've seen plenty of nice fronts and b!tchy fronts on offer to my male friends...  single is usually the end result for those girls when they become wise to it.  A man might start off with a b!tch simply because it is more stimulating in the short term. Nice can sometimes equal vapid. Be a self-starter, be interesting, and be fun. And then you can pick and choose!!  smile

20. theseus profile image72
    theseusposted 13 years ago

Maybe because "bitchy" girls go for what they want while the nice ones want to be pursued.But in the long run, I think a real man would want to settle for someone who can be bitchy (when the situation calls for it-by this I mean who will fight back and not just be a push-over all the time) and nice at the same time.wink

21. dianne143 profile image41
    dianne143posted 13 years ago

Because man always wants to have fun when they are not yet mature or should I say they are not ready to tie their self in more serious type of relationship.

WHY THEY LOVE BITCHES?

Of course bitches is always on the go they are like a door knob that everybody knocks on. They do not have limitations in their self specially when it comes to sexual side while nice girls do have set up a limitations not to indulge to that stuff or more.

Bitches wants to have fun always so do with guys so they got always team up. But it is only for part time pleasure.

Man would always want to settle down with a girl that can he proud of a decent woman who have dignity that everybody have respect.

In fact why hurry all things while it is nice to be single and ready to mingle..

It is such an irony when a person is single they wish to be in a relationship but when they are in, they wish to be single awwwwwwww....

Don't worry about the bitches they are easily to be forgotten.

22. MAGICFIVE profile image64
    MAGICFIVEposted 13 years ago

I've often wondered this myself.  I'm married..but I've still wondered it (and NO, I'm NOT bitchy..at least I don't think)!  Perhaps it's because the bitchy ones provide a "challenge" and men like a "challenge."  Maybe the bitchy ones convince them that they are WORTH all the time, because (darn it) bitchy women often do seem to have a lot of self confidence!  But honestly, for the long haul, I don't really believe men want to live day after day after day with a rip roaring bitch.  That would have to be really unpleasant.  Maybe for the short term it's fun for them..but I wouldn't change who you are, just because you think being a bitch will get you a guy.  Look at Bridgette Jones, if you don't believe me.  She is so sweet - AND she gets the guy.  Okay, so it's a movie, but still...

23. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

My husband is really bitchy! yikes

24. profile image52
    IMSansRegretsposted 13 years ago

Men are attracted to Confidence, and as we all well know, the classic bitch has plenty of confidence, at least outwardly. Men are suckers for that, and often times don't realize the extents of bitchy until they are already well into the relationship.

25. profile image50
    1lrichardsposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the post. I've often wondered the answer to this question myself. My sister is controlling and bitchy but her first husband was super sweet and her current boyfriend is even sweeter than her first husband. Don't get me wrong my sister has a lot to offer. She is cute and super intelligent plus a very successful entrepreneur so she does have some pluses, but she definitely has that controlling bitchy side and she can be downright mean at times. On a side note her ex-husband's mother and boyfriend's mother are very sweet and do not have the qualities my sister has.

26. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"Why do bitchy women get "the Guy" over nice girls?" Maybe better than goody-two-shoes boring.

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the same reason why woman want the bad boy instead of the nice one...they are more exciting!

27. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"the same reason why woman want the bad boy instead of the nice one...they are more exciting!" And in either case can be a problem. Would seem that roll playing would be a better option.

28. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years ago

I think it's all a matter of perception. I dated a woman for a while who was beautiful, intelligent, friendly and, shall we say, endlessly untrusting. She trusted me, but didn't like other women hanging around me unless they were women introduced to her as friends of mine or girlfriends of friends.
    When I met her she seemed at first like she was a total bitch. When I approached her she had a mean look and later I was told she was just completely tired of all the cheesy pick up lines guys had been laying on her all night.
    A few weeks later when I noticed she had a bit of a jealous streak, a female aquaintance of mine said to me, "your gf is really pretty. But why is she such a bitch?"
    I laughed and said, "she's not. She just thinks you're trying to steal me from her."
    That woman who asked me that never appeared in my presence again until I was no longer in this relationship, and the woman I was dating held onto me for another two months and married the next guy she was with.
    I'm just saying, it's usually alot more complicated than it looks.

29. nycgrl profile image60
    nycgrlposted 12 years ago

Mostly I notice that the bitchy girls wind up with men who are really lost little boys inside. Just like girls have "daddy issues" men have "mommy issues." I don't care what any guy says, all men are looking at their girlfriends and wives as mommy replacements. Its just the god awful truth and well know it. So maybe their mom is kinda bitchy in real life or just really bossy and nagging so they look for girls like that. Or they are men who are insecure, kind of lost in life and need someone to tell them what to do. Either way, eventually the bitchy girl will lose most men. Just like nice guys finish last so do nice girls but last is always best in relationships :-)

30. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Other women tend to define me as a bitchy woman but no man I ever dated did, so I think I can answer this. I'm not bitchy. I'm self confident. I am not in need of a man in order to define who I am, so there are no need for illusions. I don't play games.

I realize men enjoy flirting with girls who work to ensure they convey themselves as sweet, sexy, cute and whatever other adjectives you used. But this is an illusion you have created in order to entice a man closer. That's the yin. The yin is great, but the yang is too much trouble to deal with in a relationship.

That's the gist of what men tell me.

31. 4tune profile image60
    4tuneposted 12 years ago

Trust me you will get bitchy after 20 some years of  being overtly nice and worrying about what they want?, what they think?, bending over backwards.. It never will benefit you EVER.. You have to be a bitch sometimes as to not be a doormat, But a balance is essential, Just don't settle for BS NOT right for you, keep your interest, forget him if he demands only HIS dreams matter.. Be you and ONLY you and were all gonna bitches to someone when we stand our ground.. I am oh so fine with being a bitch rather than a doormat, someone has a post here on that matter of fact, there are diffident degrees of bitchiness.

32. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 12 years ago

You know, I have never truly understood this myself. Though I can tell you that I am treated better and my hubby seems to appreciate me more when I'm bitchy. It's really weird, especially since I am naturally a very passive person. I've been the doting gf, the sweetest woman, and yet the bitchy wifey seems to please him most. As to why this, your guess is as good as mine, lol.

1. 4tune profile image60
      4tuneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it's the serious look in your eyes?

I kinda dig a serious look sometimes myself just a guess though.

33. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

Well usually those girls end up getting dumped, and when the guy finally figures out what he needs in a partner ends up going for the nice girls. He's just got to go there first to get to the best part marrying the nice girl, and the bitchy one as you called it, asks what makes her different than me, and I tried for years to get him to marry me, but he wouldn't, and he married this new chic instantly. lol

1. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Funny, women and men have the same problem. Nice Guys vs. Jerks Nice Women vs Bitchy Women. I've seen many forums where guys complain about their trouble with women leaving them for "jerks" and then guys do the same thing. They go for the girl that is a little more "bad."

34. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 12 years ago

Very true, though the guy is 'usually' in the range of 50 years old before he figures out that he doesn't want a high maintenance bitchy woman, lol. Just sayin....

35. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"Why do bitchy women get "the Guy" over nice girls?"

I submit that they do not. smile

36. makusr profile image60
    makusrposted 12 years ago

That's because guys want nice girls as wives and and bitchy as girl-friends. But, but remember, nice girls keep the guys bitchy ones can't.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)