jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Is their a game to be played when dating a guy?

1. LadyTwizzelton profile image59
    LadyTwizzeltonposted 5 years ago

Do the girls who get married play games? My friends and I often wondered if you have to be this cunning, wise and skillful person to get a ring. I didn't ever think about this or believe this. But, when my friends and I observe couples and asked I received an overwhelmingly yes reply. I couldn't believe it and was shocked. Yep the nice girls who were true with their feelings and sweet were left behind. While Miss Game player got the ring!!!

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nature is a competition honey, you gotta fight for what you want!

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it's called a game, fine.  The reality is most women/girls who are emotionally immature tend to 'fall' to easily.  They lack a sense of self and tend to validate their identity by a guy.  The game is to establish your own life, complete with education, hobbies, interests (other than tweeting and vampire uber dudes).  Then when you meet someone you're interested in, you'll be able to tell if he fits into your life.  You won't be looking for someone to validate your life. 

Above all, you'll easily be able to tell if he likes you or is he needs to have a sexual conquest.  Either way, it's wise to wait in the sexual arena, until you're sure this is someone who is trustworthy on every level.

1. 60
        IMSansRegretsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"The game is to establish your own life, complete with education, hobbies, interests"
        Perfect. I couldn't have said it better myself!

3. 0
      Marzimeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think there is any particular game to get a guy. I think alot of the nice ones may finish last because they put the wrong man before their own needs. If you live your life the way you did prior to the man coming into it and not changing it, then you will keep the man. A man wants a girl with a life and back bone of their own. It's nice to keep them on their toes with letting them know you are not dependent on them without actually stating it. You prove yourself with actions and not words. This is my personal opinion and some may not agree but I believe it works.

P.S. There is someone for everyone out there so don't worry if things dont work out with one. Here are two of my favorite quotes:

"An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.”

"You don't always get answers for what happens, because sometimes the answers were not for you, they were lessons for someone else”

4. speedbird profile image64
      speedbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your goal in the dating scene is not to chase rings but to be truly in love with your soulmate...it pays that way!

2. rebekahELLE profile image93
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

and probably a big reason over half of them end in divorce.

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

Games are great fun and high drama.  Unfortunately, there comes a time when the games stop and reality sets in.  Nobody can fake it forever.  Do you really want a guy who wants a fake you, a guy that you have to minipulate to get and keep?  I say drop the games, quit the act, always be yourself, and if "Mr. Right" doesn't understand where you're at, drop him too.  There are plenty of men in the world, don't ever settle.

4. Right On Time profile image79
    Right On Timeposted 5 years ago

Yeah games can lead to distrust, the seed which ultimately flourishes to destroy relationships. I'm not at all one for games

5. 60
    IMSansRegretsposted 5 years ago

If your goal is a ring, then you ARE playing a game right from the get go. The girl who doesn't CHASE the ring is the girl who often times gets one.

6. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

Footsie? lol

7. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

It was when I stopped looking for a husband, that I found my life long love. I was done with relationships, 28 and had 2 kids. As soon as I stopped caring about dating, I was hounded by the guy I finally gave in to and dated... and married 24 years ago.

Those same game-players would be offended if the guy played games with them and they realized it.

8. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

swallow the banana was always a popular game with the ladies i dated smile

1. HattieMattieMae profile image69
      HattieMattieMaeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

well i've never won a guy by playing games, and always been open and honest. Probably more if the guys you are after are really looking for a honest woman with values and morals, or if their looking for someone to play games with and get away with what ever they like. I wouldn't play games, because if you play games, it can always backfire, and most likely a good foundation can not be built on lies and games. It will eventually collapse, which just because there married for the moment doesn't mean it will last if that is what the foundations was based on.

9. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Heed the fortune cookie: "Woman who plays games to win a man ends up a loser with a loser."