jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Fulfillment

1. bbosh profile image60
    bboshposted 6 years ago

How often is love used as a filler to the empty place we feel in ourselves? Is it healthy to use someone else as the answer to finding yourself?

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Salman Rushdie said, "Our lives teach us who we are."  Whether it's through loving someone or anything else, I believe he is correct.  Moreover, our world is a mirror reflection of who we are.

1. bbosh profile image60
        bboshposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So true, beautiful quote.

2. fucsia profile image60
      fucsiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you love someone  is natural and spontaneous that the relationship with this person helps you to find yourself. I think it is one of the characteristics of love: that does not set limits but makes us grow, and gives us the wings to fly high.
      But if you feel an emptiness inside of you and uses a person to pretend to fill it, then maybe it is not true love. I wrote a page about what I think of love, and I also speak of this emptiness ("What Is Love?").

3. tysanders profile image60
      tysandersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it's healthier to find love within yourself first. This, for some, is not an easy process but once you find acceptance within yourself and find acceptance for all the great things and even for the bad, then you can experience true love with another person.

working