jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Do you believe in a "Wedding Deadline"?

1. simplibluesocks profile image60
    simplibluesocksposted 5 years ago

Should young women seek to be married before the age of thirty?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...no...i don't believe you can set a deadline on naturally falling in love with someone and both committing to a union for the rest of their lives...there is no control over who and when you fall in love...you can control other aspects of life...but not love...

2. perfectperception profile image61
      perfectperceptionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends on the woman. We all have different goals and for some that is the goal.

3. izoooom profile image60
      izoooomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that's more of a traditional and societal thing that what the woman actually wants.

When you talk to some people from a certain cultural background, the view is we are all meant to get married and have kids, not 2 ways about it. The earlier the better and stuff...

Then talking to others from another certain background, they tell you it doesn't matter, whatever.

It all depends on where you come from, that has a lot of impact on your views on how to live life and how you are mentally affected

4. 0
      jennywhitfieldposted 5 years ago in reply to this

no i don't think there is such a deadline but a women does have a timebomb ticking about life having children so i could imagine some women setting a goal for when they should be married!! I have had a couple of long relationships and its never happened for me and i am in my 30's now and think i would like to just enjoy someones company and not have the pressure of marriage.

5. speedbird profile image65
      speedbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To marry or not to marry is a personal decision and for me I don't think any deadlines are necessary.

6. 0
      Marzimeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I disagree with this theory.  There is no set age to do anything in life. Many people are stuck on the routine of others. Relationships to marriage to homes to kids. It is a particular order for many but life throws curve balls for reasons.

It's great to see my friends and family members go through the routine. I am happy for them and at the same time I get to test the waters before deciding if I want to dive in! smile

2. drummer boy profile image61
    drummer boyposted 5 years ago

I think young women should wait until they find the right person no matter how long it takes.

3. shussain86 profile image61
    shussain86posted 5 years ago

Yes, i do believe on deadlines not only for wedding specifically but for about everything!

4. Midnight Oil profile image90
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

I thought a wedding deadline involved the groom, the bride's father and shotgun!

5. Embroiderer profile image60
    Embroidererposted 5 years ago

I think setting a deadline just makes things worse! If you're nearing say 30 (or what you set as a deadline), and you're still single, chances are you'll end up settling for someone who you'll deeply regret marrying, probably leading to divorce, and thus you're back to where you started, just even older.

Get married in your own time, just make sure you find the right person first!

6. Brooke.Crawford profile image61
    Brooke.Crawfordposted 5 years ago

Deadlines that make you feel you HAVE to do something by a certain time are generally there to make you feel bad if it doesn't happen, at least in the personal arena. On things you can't really control, like meeting the right person, or making sure marriage is what you really want, deadlines should be thrown bodily out the window.