jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

1. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 5 years ago

When you're looking for a relationship,do you have a checklist of what you're looking for?

What if you never find someone that fits your list,do you settle or revise your list?

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have a list, young, rich, and good looking... it's a short list! LOL

1. Stina Caxe profile image87
        Stina Caxeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL I like that list!  I always used to say I just wanted a man who was Employed and Straight!

2. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 5 years ago

I think its v necessary to have a list, and yes all power to being particular. You have to be, if not you'll attract all sorts.
    And if its taking like forever and ever to meet someone... then, make the list a lil bit shorter.

3. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

When it comes to relationships, I'm a creature of impulse.  I just go with what feels right at the moment and I never worry about the future.

4. tysanders profile image60
    tysandersposted 5 years ago

I have a checklist that I call "standards." I think we should all have some type of standards. If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything. The checklist, however, isn't set in stone. For example, employment is on my checklist of must haves when dating but if I meet a person who is unemployed due to a temporary setback then it's not a deal breaker. It's only a deal breaker if I realize the person is lazy and has no desire to work. So to answer your question, yes, there is a checklist but I am willing to bend the rules for the right candidate.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  My checklist is someone just like me only better and with money he's willing to share.

5. Midnight Oil profile image90
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Every woman has a check list and use it many times daily.  It starts something like this

1) is he gay                 yes/no
    2) is he single       yes/no
    3) is he a doctor   yes/no - if no, is he a lawyer etc
    4) what car does he drive - Lexus/BMW/Merc/ etc  - indication of wealth
    5) Does he seem like a 'nice' guy - aka easy to manipulate...!
    6) Where does he live - indication of wealth
    7) Where does he work - indication of wealth
    and the list goes on... finally
    99) has he got a cute butt
    100) Check out the trouser department - a sheer vertical drop is no go zone.. Small fish get thrown back in the pond hehehehe

A man's check list

1) has she got boobs
    2) has she got a bum
    3) has she got beer !!!

Sorry, but as that recent film says: That's the Ugly Truth !!

1. Stina Caxe profile image87
      Stina Caxeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, you nailed it!

1. Christy Goff profile image61
        Christy Goffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think everyone starts out with a list, but when you find that one, you know the one. You can't stop thinking about, they make you laugh when you have a bad day.  They defend your right to be wrong.  Then the list just kinda goes out the window.

2. Midnight Oil profile image90
        Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, because I have heard it thousands of times before...  You all use the same darn list !

One the reasons I married my wife is because she doesn't have a list.  Nearly all French women don't have a list - they look for some who is romantic and a good lover first, if he has a good job, money and car, well that is just an added bonus.  Unlike the rest of the world who are material driven, French women marry for love...

It's better to be happily married and in love, than being with a rich husband and completely miserable just because he ticked all of your boxes on your long list...

6. Stina Caxe profile image87
    Stina Caxeposted 5 years ago

On a serious note I just want to say that the most important thing for me was to be with a man who would be a good father.  I am very happy to say that my daughter has an amazing father who loves her very much.