jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Can you be in a sexual relationship with your friend?

1. JoyMoore13 profile image59
    JoyMoore13posted 5 years ago

They are having all these movies coming out suggesting that you can have sexual relationships with your friend, I have been in a friend/sexual and the benefits are good, no strings attached,but when the emotions get involved that's when everything changes! You loose the frienship and everything is akward and sometimes you may begin to want something and they don't. So i think they need to put a warning label on this like they do on cigarettes! Warning: Possible side effects, heartbroken, loss of friendship,emotional distress and lonliness! Remember the movies always show the happy ever after version but reality is nothing like that!!!!

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The trick is not to fall in love, remember you have sex with your friend because you are seeking satisfaction not because you're interested in satisfying them! Once you make their pleasure more important than yours, you've lost!

2. 0
    mtsi1098posted 5 years ago

I have had these types of relationships and they never come with no strings attached...good luck

3. Ruben Rivera profile image80
    Ruben Riveraposted 5 years ago

I think men think so women don't. Once emotions, feelings are involved it's a mess.

Good clip from Seinfeld about this topic

4. Stephanieaaarrr profile image72
    Stephanieaaarrrposted 5 years ago

I've had small experience with it and it was a disaster.

It's like how a square can be a rectangle, but a rectangle can't be a square.

You can do friend stuff with your lover, but you can't do lover stuff with your friend.

5. Stina Caxe profile image86
    Stina Caxeposted 5 years ago

I think it would be difficult not to have feelings for someone you are intimate with on a regular basis.  I've often found that when one person thinks it's just a friends with benefits situation the other thinks it is, or could turn into much more.

6. 61
    mabrurahmedposted 5 years ago

This ultimately sabotaging the friendship........wife is the only friend for such relationships.....

7. 0
    jennywhitfieldposted 5 years ago

i agree think emotions eventually take over and if the other person doesn't feel the same back then thats where the problems lie ie if the go into a serious relationship the green eyed monster can take over and destroy a great friendship.  Everyone dreams like it would be like the movies but if we are realists we know to stay well away from any sexual contact with our friends.

8. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 5 years ago

And if it happens, then so be it. I'm hearing too many comments here about rules ie 'you lose the friendship..' 'what if..'
    Listen. If you are friends and you just happen to become attracted to each other then go with it.. and have fun for chrissakes!! And if you lose the friendship, then go get another friend. At least you would have had fun and maybe some really great sex, lol!
    When you get into a relationship, whether it be mutual or otherwise, there is ALWAYS a risk. What's the difference here..?
    When you start getting logical, you miss out on life..

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Best answer! I love it! smile